Is this mean?

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is this considered cruel and unusual punishment?
We are BBQing chicken and tuna, the house is full of smoke from the BBQ. Karma is locked in the bed room so she does not run out and escape. Its for her own good. It does smell good in the bed room, where she is confined.

We need to eat, I can not help that it is fish and chicken. Is it mean to force her to smell the food while cooking or is it okay because meowmie and dad need to eat.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i dont think its mean, but why do you lock Karma up?
does she try to get into the human food how your cooking?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol i dont think its mean, but why do you lock Karma up?
does she try to get into the human food how your cooking?
We lock her up because we live in a small one bedroom apartment. She was born and grew up in the alley behind us. One of her main goals in life is to get back in the alley. We love her too much too allow her to run free. She has become an inside kitty now. I don't mind if she gets involved while I am cooking but to let her have access to the outside again is a no no. She is happy here, I am afraid if she were to get out we may never see har again. She could be up and over the wall of our patio before we could stop her. We live on a busy street. She must stay protected. She is more than welcome to help me cook in the kitchen but while the doors are open she must be confined. Its for her own good. Is that heplfull?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
like i said its not mean.if you are worried she will get out,
then i would put her in the bedroom also

princess-pickle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sat Pickle on a chair in the kitchen and taught her how to the meal I was cooking. She never really bothered me again.
I do share a little bit of my food with her though.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

All the above. It's not mean, but don't forget to give her a treat. Besides she probably doesn't know what BBQ smells like vs. raw meat.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I concur, it's not mean if you give her a little piece of chicken or fish at the end.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's ok to keep her in, just let her sample your BBQ....

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No its not mean for the animals to smell cooking. But I sure hope you save some "treats" to give them after you eat. Our guys know they get something from our supper with their supper.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

No its not mean for the animals to smell cooking. But I sure hope you save some "treats" to give them after you eat. Our guys know they get something from our supper with their supper.
Our kitties too. Last night we had steak and John cut up some lovely pieces into small bite sized bits for Bijou and Mika.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I don't think it's mean. But I'd share some leftover chicken bits when done. But then my cats are totally spoiled rotten and I feel guilty not sharing a bit of chicken.
Same goes for me!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of coarse you are not being mean, you have her safety in mind. However if she is anything like my guys she will pout unless she gets some sort of treat for her inconvenience.

A piece of chicken or a sliver of tuna should be sufficient.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's mean but hopefully she gets some treats or chicken afterwards.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys for reasuring me that I was not mean to lock her up. We did not share any of the food because we use alot of garlic and other spices that she should not eat. I did though give her soe wet food. When she first came out she looked at us like we were the devil but as soon as she realized she had wet food she was happy again.