Exciting Cat Show in Colorado Springs....

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, this last weekend, my friend took me with her to her lilac-point Siamese cat's show in Colorado Springs. =) We were both excited, because her cat, Lily, was 8 points away from becoming a Grand Premiere. IN the third ring we were in, she made the Final, and even got best Shorthair Premiere, giving her 13 points, five points more thasn she needed. =D

I was unable to go to the show on the second day, due to a family crisis, but my friend ran up to me on Monday, at school, and whipped out her camera, showing me pictures. One picture was of Lily with a 10th best cat ribbon; another was her with a 9th best....then, finally, a picture of her in the show ring, with a...3rd best ribbon! Amazing, truly it is. This cat, before she was a Grand, never got more than best Premiere, ever.

Very exciting for us. My friend -was- planning on retiring Lily after she Granded, but since she did so well, and behaved so well on the second day, we're going to show her again, with my friend's new choclate-point Siamese kitten, in two weeks, in Denver.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's awesome news!!! Congratulations Lily and best of luck to you and the new kitten in Denver.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katzyn

So, this last weekend, my friend took me with her to her lilac-point Siamese cat's show in Colorado Springs. =) We were both excited, because her cat, Lily, was 8 points away from becoming a Grand Premiere. IN the third ring we were in, she made the Final, and even got best Shorthair Premiere, giving her 13 points, five points more thasn she needed. =D

I was unable to go to the show on the second day, due to a family crisis, but my friend ran up to me on Monday, at school, and whipped out her camera, showing me pictures. One picture was of Lily with a 10th best cat ribbon; another was her with a 9th best....then, finally, a picture of her in the show ring, with a...3rd best ribbon! Amazing, truly it is. This cat, before she was a Grand, never got more than best Premiere, ever.

Very exciting for us. My friend -was- planning on retiring Lily after she Granded, but since she did so well, and behaved so well on the second day, we're going to show her again, with my friend's new choclate-point Siamese kitten, in two weeks, in Denver.
When and where is the Denver show? That would be SOOOO cool to go, and I live here! (Golden)

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations to Lily! Glad you had a fun time. Now you need your own cat to show

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the new Grand
Charlie's still working on his - he's only had one adult show and got his first few points - hoping to get more points at next week's show

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

When and where is the Denver show? That would be SOOOO cool to go, and I live here! (Golden)
=O You should come! That'd be really fun to meet someone from the forums. ^_^

The Denver show is the weekend after this weekend (that's the...22nd and 23rd!) and I can get you directions. I personally live five minutes from the show. It's in a Holiday Inn hotel right off of...I think it's I-70 (and Chambers Road), but I'll have to check.

Kitytize~ I'm going to be showing my HHP in January, but yeah, I wish I had a kitten (Ocicat kitten! Or Tonkinese...) to show in the kitten class, then watch it move up into Premiereship....<3333

And GoldenKitty~ Good luck with Charlie...he's a GORGEOUS cat...<3 I just love them spotty cats. =3 (I'm in love with a female Ocicat named Laughing Crow, from Sue Riley. XD)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who's cattery is she out of - would like to see her if possible

Katzyn:

KitumsKatums Cattery

Name: Shelly W. Pfiester
Shipping: We ship both domestically and internationally.
Registered With:
Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA)
The International Cat Association (TICA)

Comments: Champion lines. Ebony silver, blue silver, and most colors.

Contact by:
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 775-727-0320

Most of the Ocicat breeders are not close by - so if you want one, you may have to ship from across country. Let me know if you need help in locating a breeder.

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, cool. Thanks =D

You know, my mind is blanking on her cattery...It's not Ocigatos (I don't think)...

OH! I found Sue's business card! Laughing Crow is from the "Wildtracks" cattery. =) www.wildtrackscats.com, here in Nederland, CO.

Laughing Crow's brohter, Talking Crow is very mean sometimes, in the show hall. =x But Laughing Crow is such a sweetheart. Once, Sue, the owner, allowed me to carry Laughing Crow back to her show hall cage. <3333 I was in heaven, let me tell you. =3 But she's a GP, now, so she's not coming to the shows anymore. =<

EDIT~~Found her pedigree, <3

http://www.pawpeds.com/cgi-bin/OCI?a...724/g=2/db=OCI

Pics I took of her:

She's the one looking at me, her brother is #210, next to her.

Sweetie. <3

In her crate, the last time I saw her. She was about to leave the show after Granding. ;_;

And finally, her brother, about to demolish a toy:

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHHH thanks for the Oci pictures

And yeah you can tell Charlie is still young compared to those two....Both are nice looking cats. I recognize a lot of the catteries in the pedigree. Not too many Ocicat breeders around.

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I believe both of the Crows are a little over two years old? How old is Charlie? Gosh, he's so cute. I love that Oci face. <3 They have such wonderful expressions. XD

I gotta say, I'm getting real excited about the show in a about a week, in Denver...Not only will Lily, our GP siamese, be showing, we'll have a distant cousin chocolate-point baby siamese, too, who will be starting her career as a show cat. We're excited to see how she'll do. =)