Question of the Day...

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Where is it, I like the question of the day!!! If KatieMae doesn't show then the question can be....
Have you ever done anything totally silly and ended up hurting yourself?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mrs.Harris

Where is it, I like the question of the day!!! If KatieMae doesn't show then the question can be....
Have you ever done anything totally silly and ended up hurting yourself?

How about having the worst fall of my life by slipping on a piece of paper. This crash hurt me so bad that I've been getting blinding migranes and I have to see a Chiropractor!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh no!! The dumbest thing I've ever done is probaly when I was dancing in the shower and I slipped and cut my back on the faucet! Whew that hurt!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here I am! Sorry, the internet here at work is being very cranky
Leslie is our honorary question of the day provider!

I was once walking down a driveway where the edge was higher than the ground and my foot slipped off and I ended up breaking it

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have done a number of silly things that resulted in hurting myself

Back in H.S. I ran to answer the phone from a dead sleep and slipped on the kitchen floor and banged my head so hard I had a lump for 2 weeks. I had forgotten that the floor was freshly washed!

Another time me and my best friend were playing on the computer and I was sitting in a sort-of broken chair. Well something funny happened and the whole chair tipped sideways. On the way down I scraped my calf on the part you actually sit on. I had an enormous yellow and purple bruise from the back of my knee to my ankle for over a month. It hurt sooo bad!!

And most recently I was grocery shopping and stubbed my baby toe on the shopping cart so bad that it sliced open! I had just started to shop so for the next hour I bled on my flip-flop and all over the store

All of these things are always totally my fault from doing something silly. I'm a mess

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ummmm.....thats the story of my life! In the past few years I've caused my back to spasm out by doing things such as, 1. taking a picture of the cats, 2. flushing the toilet, 3. puting some wash in the dryer, 4. hanging a towel over the shower door at my Grandparents. Mater-of-fact, that one I just did on Monday and I'm still in pain!
This all stems back to lifting my laundry basket wrong when I was in college!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One day at school our teacher was late so I was messing around swinging in between the desks.

Yep, that was great fun until someone walked into the back of me and sent me flying forward with my hands still on the desks so I landed flat on my face.

Needless to say there was a lot of blood and no one knew what to do until they decided to drag me to the staff room leaving a trail of blood as we went!

( It was the 3rd time I broke my nose
so I should have been used to it really! )

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, like every day

What's the worst one... once I had a fever and I was sleeping, thought there was a tornado, got up to close the window, and woke up to a blood-soaked pillow. Apparently I cut myself somehow, don't know how.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol, i know all about this one being the story of our lives, mine is when I was a senior in high school i bought a pretty glass bird feeder. Well I went to hang it up outside and took the chair from the front porch, set it down on the sidewalk, and made sure all legs were on the floor. I stood on the chair and just as i reached up to hang the bird feeder, a leg slipped off the cement, and the bird feeder crashed into a million little shards of glass, and I was fortunate enough to land directly on top of it! Internal stitches and much pain followed!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walked directly into a door once, left me with a nice headache for quite awhile. I dont know how I didnt see the door there! I also stood too close to my mom's car when she was backing out, and she ran over my foot. Luckily nothing broke!

Ooh yeah, and when I was in about 3rd grade, I was playing on the playground. For some reason there was a pencil on the ground, and I managed to fall right on top of it, getting the end of it broken off in my palm. Talk about fun while they had to pull it out and submerge my hand in peroxide. Ugh!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I once put my finger on a stove element just to see what would happen.
I wasn't a little kid either... maybe 16 or 17. I knew that when you touched a hot plate really quickly, you didn't get hurt so I wanted to see if it would work with a stove element.
It doesn't.

Around the same age, I tried to see what would happen if I stuck my finger in a fan while it was turning at maximum power.

Recently, I burned my hand on a stove element again, but this time by accident. I was cleaning the kitchen, forgot that I had turned off the element just a few minutes earlier and put my hand directly on it. I had nice burn marks for a few days.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there's more.

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Oh wait, I have another one.

Dating my ex.
I hear ya! I could really go on about that one..
But instead, here's a dumb one for ya..Years ago I stuck my finger in an automotive cigarette lighter to see if it worked. Duh!!!
Unfortunately, it did.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Oh wait, I have another one.

Dating my ex.
I think we all understand the ex thing! Mine was nothing but bad for me! Luckily now I have a sweetheart of a husband! Oh well, live and learn huh?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in the 6th grade....I was at Sunday School one morning and it had just let out for services. Keep in mind i went to a HUGE church with several thousand members. My sunday school class was upstairs..there are two huge marble/concrete stair cases in the front entry way of the church.

My little middle school boyfriend and I were being goofy and chasing each other around. At the time - i was wearing a skirt that was way too big on me length wise and high heels (not a good combo!
) My little "boyfriend" proceded to grab my purse and run down the stair case with it teasing me. So me being the little runner i was- i took off after him - completly disreguarding i had a skirt and heels on

Yea- I tripped over my skirt near the top of the stair case and fell all the way down the stairs
To make matters better- it was right when the early service was letting out and the second service was getting ready to go into the santuary so EVERYONE saw
I was soooo embaressed! To add insult to inujry- one of the elderly little deacons saw the whole thing happen and ran over to me with his arms open (AFTER i hit the last step
) and said "I got you honey!" at the top of his lungs. - i said, " no sir, i think you missed me"

so yea,...i wound up going to the ER after church - i had broken the bottom part of my tailbone
Talk about a clumsy moment! (ah yes- and i did get my purse back
)