Toby's foot is swollen!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor thing. He looks hideous!

He doesnt act like hes in pain or anything, it is just really swollen!!
Possibility he got bit by something??

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bite, sting.... umm... infection from a small scratch/scrape/bite. It could be anything, I suppose. But I'd watch very, very carefully, because of how well they hide pain. Chili had a life-threatening fever that our vet was shocked she didn't die twice over from, and she acted normally.

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
check his little foot, between his pad and make sure nothing is stuck in there. If the swelling gets worse i would give an emergency vet a call and find out the dosing for benadryl. i hope he gets better soon.

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
About 4 years my Pretty Lady came in from outside with a very swollen foot. She didn't act like she was in any pain, but we rushed her to the emergency vet. Turned out she had been bitten by a bee? or bug and she was having an allergic reaction. If I remember correctly, they gave her a steroid shot and something like benadryl.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I'd take him into the vet... my neighbor's cat had this happen - paw swelled and he wouldn't walk on it... my neighbor took the kitty into the vet and they opened the paw but couldn't find anything (this was after xrays and such of course), but they flushed it all out in case an extremely tiny piece of glass or wood, etc was in there and sewed him up - to my knowledge he's been fine since then... but if your kitty goes outside or even just can get into things in like the basement or garage, you have no idea what he could have stepped on and you don't want to risk infection!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, you sure don't have much luck when it comes to your cats do you. You've had so many die, get hurt or sick. How disheartening.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His foot is normal again....actually noticed the swelling went down the day after posting this!!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Wow, you sure don't have much luck when it comes to your cats do you. You've had so many die, get hurt or sick. How disheartening.
I have noticed that...

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

His foot is normal again....actually noticed the swelling went down the day after posting this!!
Glad to hear it!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so glad - I was worried you might lose him, too! You've had SO many losses lately, that would be really sad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Oh, I'm so glad - I was worried you might lose him, too! You've had SO many losses lately, that would be really sad.

What losses is everyone talking about?? Im a tad bit confused.....