The little brat!!!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was brushing Popsie on the couch today and I brought my hand up to pet his head and the jerk bit me!!! I must have scared him or something cuz when I raised up my hand it was right in front of his face. Still, I can't belive he bit me, he actually drew blood.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know it hurts (emotionally) when animals suddenly do that. It happened with me today with one of my regular doggies, who's always been so sweet. I think she just got a little stressed.
Hope your hand doesn't hurt too bad.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember if you said Popsie was an older cat in another thread or not. But if so, sometimes older cats will get a little sore and they make sure to let you know.

If the bite was kind of deep, you need to make sure to keep it clean. If it starts to look red, infected, then get to a doctor. Cat bites can get infected very quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I can't remember if you said Popsie was an older cat in another thread or not. But if so, sometimes older cats will get a little sore and they make sure to let you know.

If the bite was kind of deep, you need to make sure to keep it clean. If it starts to look red, infected, then get to a doctor. Cat bites can get infected very quickly.
Yes, Popsie is 16. I have noticed that he's been a little grumpy in his old age. I made sure to wash the bite good and put rubbing alcohol on it. I'll make sure to watch it close.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spike got grumpy tonight and bit John when he was trying to pick Spike up and move him out of the dog's crate. They just get in their little "moods" sometimes I guess!