The guy I'm dating told me to give my cat away... v. cute story

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Backstory: She's had UTI problems and has been urinating out of the box again (she's at the vet as we speak) and she wasn't getting along with my roommates kitties and I was SUPER worried. I told him this and out of frustration I said "sigh, sometimes I think I should just get rid of her." Of course I would never do that...just venting. And he said, "well then you should." I started crying and said "but I love her!!" lol I thought it was sort of funny afterwards and he apologized and now always asks how she is and everything. It was kind of cute and now if I ever say it he tells me I can't get rid of her because I love her.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If me and my boyfriend (now EX) used to argue.. he would always mutter "I know, I know and you would rather get rid of me then PHX!"

It was always so cute how he said it...but hey it's true.
I'm sorry to say I would rather have PHX over any guy..hehe

I love my cat.

mikex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

I'm sorry to say I would rather have PHX over any guy..hehe

I love my cat.
Same here 'cept it's Taza over any girl for me - I have a girl that loves me already, she even helps me post on the web -

mikex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Taza is lovely. No wonder you love her so much.
Well, thanks so are yours. I hope to get another Siamese one day, such a loyal cat I've never had.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
To Mikex... Your kitty is precious! and i like that quote you have at the bottom! that is cute! If my boyfriend told me to give away my cat, well I know who'd be
hitting the door first! ha!
Monique

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a cute story.

My hubby knows the cats were here first.
He complains they are more spoiled than he is. Last week the hubby threatened to start throwing things on the floor for attention.
(Raven's latest trick is throwing treat jars on the floor if he doesn't get treats when he wants)

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am glad your boyfriend was just kidding!

I dated a guy for about 5 weeks who said "if we keep dating you have to get rid of your cats, I'm allergic and I don't like cats." Ha... that ended the relationship right there!!! No new man is worth getting rid of my baby guys! Of course, this guy also tried to tell me I couldn't be friends with other guys that I had known for years... loser!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I realized I didn't have a right to be too mad because he was just being agreeable and changed his tune when he saw how upset he got. Now my baby is at the vets
and he at least seems concerned for her and me!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a package deal. Me and my 2 kitties. If the guy doesn't like cats or is allergic to them or has a problem with my cats, then he isn't the guy for me. I don't have kids and I consider my cats my children. I wouldn't get rid of my kids for the sake of a any guy.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is funny. When I met my DH, he was a dog guy but quickly was turned to being a cat lover
He picks-up the cats (which they all hate) and kisses all over them (which they also do not care for) and then keeps complaining about the cats liking me more then him.
I wonder why.