Bengal: Growing up seal lynx marble

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm starting this thread a little late, since Bella is already close to 10 weeks old. But since we are keeping her, I was thinking some of you might think it's fun to see how she developes into an adult.

The seal lynx is often slow to develope their coloring so hopefully this will be an interesting thread, watching Bella blossom. I'll post regular updates as she grows.

If you all enjoy this, I will do it again with our next keeper kittten.

Here she is just a few days days old. Looks like a white rat.

Seven weeks old What a difference!

Today, September 11th.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Nial- what a beauty! Her coloring is the same as my Bayley's!
And those eyes... stunning

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is just so CUTE!

Yes, please, Nial, more "growing up Bengal" threads!!!!

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's growing into a beautiful cat, especially after looking like a 'rat' (your words, not mine)

I love her bright eyes and her little Marbled body. Too cute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! We've only produced 3 seal lynx bengals in 10 years of breeding.
They are all female and only 1 was spotted. Isabella is the first one that we are keeping back. I think you have to have marble's in a bengal breeding program to produce really good spotted bengals, so Bella is going to be a needed asset to our program, since we recently retired all our marble girls. She's a special little bengal, and we're really excited about showing her soon.

Here's a happy bengal girl..........

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so cool watching the color come in. Still reminds me of the blue/fawn Ocicats with the lighter color

Question - she has blue eyes. Arctic has green - is he the father of her? And will her eye color go green like his?

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

That is so cool watching the color come in. Still reminds me of the blue/fawn Ocicats with the lighter color

Question - she has blue eyes. Arctic has green - is he the father of her? And will her eye color go green like his?
Loki is her father, her mother is Kenya. They are both brown spotted, but carry for snow (seal). Out of the litter of six, she is the only snow bengal.

All seal lynx point bengals have blue eyes, so her eyes will remain blue, unless she fools us and is really a seal mink. In a perfect world, if she were seal mink her eyes would have turned green already. So, I'm pretty confident she is a seal lynx.

lioness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She gets more beautiful everytime I see a new picture of her!

I am looking forward to watching her grow.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GK - lynx bengals are genetically pointed so all of them have the siamese blue eyes. Basically the three varieties of snow bengals roughly correspond to the siamese, tonkinese and burmese. Except they're all being bred into having as little contrast possible between body colour and points which is complete opposite to what's wanted in the Siamese for example.

Anyway Nial, she's gorgeous! I love the happy bengal photo of her
and I'm really looking forward to seeing how she changes as she grows older. She's gorgeous already and can only get prettier

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Nial, it's hard to see in the first picture but was she all white or could you sort of see a pattern there from the very beginning?
She had a very faint pattern, but it was so hard to see, that we couldn't tell whether she was spotted or marbled for the first 3 or 4 days.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lemme ask you a question Nail...

Not counting color - can you judge a new born kitten's quality? - I mean the basics - profile, type etc?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is absolutely beautiful. I so look forward to seeing her change as she grows older. Maybe we need a week by week view of her, as I'm sure she will have changes each week, and also because I'm sure none of will tire of seeing new pcitures of her.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With my rexes (and knowing the lines) I could pretty much pick out pet/show kittens in the first week of age. Only a few times was I wrong. With some breeds if you know them well, you can pick them out.

With rexes, color/pattern doesn't matter, so you base it on body/head and coat. With the Ocicats it takes longer to be sure the spotting is acceptable - the other "patterns" that show in Oci's automatically are pets as only the spotted is shown