How do your cats react to babies/children?

rdusenber22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats react badly! My male cat hisses and growls at babies, and at our two older neices. My male cat hisses at some adults though too. My female cats hides the whole time.

We are planning on TTC soon, so I have been thinking about this a lot.

Any advice?

How do your cats react?

Thanks!

Rose

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are curious but show little fear. Keno loves babies, kids and adults. So maybe cause the dog likes them, the cats follow suit.

Spooky (my rex) loved babies/kids - he was happy as a lark being petted and held by kids - he never was afraid of them

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is TTC?

Well, as your cats have their home and territory with you, I'd lay down some ground rules for parents visiting with children (those who don't already use consideration, that is...): namely, the children must be GENTLE and quiet and move and talk softly and slowly around the cats if they are to be welcome in their environment, and any rough, loud, or disrespectful/inconsiderate behavior toward the cats will not be tolerated. That way, people are clear about what is and isn't allowed, and they have a choice of honoring your home, loved ones, and wishes, or not.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of my animals dogs and cat love kids, my toy pom kisses every baby she sees, but they were all raised with kids, all of my kids are very gentle with animals,

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Demetri is fine with kids, we live with my 3 yr old nephew who just adores him. The cats were here before my nephew so he knows how to treat them kindly.

Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

What is TTC?
Trying to conceive