Hailey is at the vet right now getting her urine analysis

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
See these threads for her history: http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140841

http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140880

She began peeing on the bed as soon as my roommate got new kitties, but she has had bladder problems (in June) before so I'm crossing my finger that it is something medical and not something behavioral (seems harder to fix). She also has been getting along really well with the kitties, but still peeing on the bed everyday so that makes me suspect a medical problem. Do you think spraying Feliway on my bed will help keep her away from it? I already have cat attract littler coming in the mail and diffusers plugged in (one is right next to the bed).

Hopefully when I go to pick her up the vet will have time to talk about prevention and maybe changing her food (she's on natural choice kibble right now).

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We hope Hailey is going to stop her peeing...hopefully its not serious or anything.

Update us on how shes doing...whether the peeing was medical or behavioral.

Good Luck & Best Wishes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katz4Life

We hope Hailey is going to stop her peeing...hopefully its not serious or anything.

Update us on how shes doing...whether the peeing was medical or behavioral.

Good Luck & Best Wishes!
Thank you...I'm hoping too. She hasn't acted like she's in pain or anything, so I don't feel too bad for her. I mostly feel bad for myself having to wash my mattress pad every night and sleep on a blanket over the mattress!

My friend has mentioned her family cat has been on a prescription UTI diet (and has done great on it) for like 10 years because of it's bladder problems....and it's like 22 or something insane. That makes me hopeful that I'll find some kind of solution for my girl.

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bump for this. No word from the vet yet (it's only 3:30 in Cali).

I would like feedback if anyone has had luck getting their cat to stop urinating on a bed or furniture is they used the feliway spray on it.

curlyq629

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by venusgirltrap

Bump for this. No word from the vet yet (it's only 3:30 in Cali).

I would like feedback if anyone has had luck getting their cat to stop urinating on a bed or furniture is they used the feliway spray on it.
Leo was peeing by balancing on the slats that connect the legs of a table I have. I did buy a Feliway spray, and have been using it every day (4 days now), in addition to dousing the area with Nature's Miracle. So far, so good. He has gone to sniff the area, and gone away. I'm not sure it's the spray, but I'd like to think it's part of it. (I also have a diffuser plugged in that I've been using for months). Good luck; I know how frustrating this is!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never had much luck with Feliway, either the diffuser or the spray.

Cat Attract Additive and plain, unscented litter did work to get two of my boys back in the litter box after sessions with UTIs and crystals in March. Due to the cost of shipping to Hawaii I order the additive instead of the litter.

If you can add some wet food to her diet it may help with UTI issues. The added moisture in the food encourages more frequent urination. The idea is that the less time urine spends in the bladder the less opportunity there is for bacteria and/or crystals to develop.

I hope Hailey gets a good report from the urinalysis. Good luck finding a solution to the peeing problem.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Feliway may help, but mostly you need to use an enzymatic cleaner to get all traces of the scent out. Most importantly, you have keep her away from the area until it dries completely. Is it the same spot each time? You might also try getting some puppy training pads and putting one over the place(s) where she pees on the bed to make it easier to clean up while you're looking for possible medical explanations.

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update (sorta): Yesterday the vet didn't call me so finally at 4:45 I called them and they said she didn't produce any urine all day so they needed to keep her over night.

I'm not sure I like this vet. They kept me on hold, hung up on me, then kept me on hold twice more and then I need to pay the boarding fee for over night. My old vet kept me very updated throughout the day and kept her to get the urine sample, but it seems odd that she didn't produce enough urine in the 8 hours she was there already. I moved so that is the reason I'm at a new vets. I'll update today when I know.

I've been spraying my matress pad (it's waterproof) and sheets with enzyme cleaner pretty well and then washing with a hydrogen peroxide/baking sode/dish soap mix, so I hope I'm ok, but I might wash again when she comes back and confine her to the bathroom while I'm at work incase. Is a half bath too small to confine her to you think? Her food won't be able to be more than a few feet from her box, but that's really the only place to confine her to where she can't do damage.

I also have litter attract on the way, should be here monday and my feliway diffusers are plugged in.

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: She didn't have an infection or crystals
. The only thing they noticed is that she isn't producing much urine. I just went and ordered a drinking fountain for her and after I pick her up I'm going to go and pick-up UTI friendly wet-foods, some wee-wee pads for my bed and the feliway spray. I'm so upset that this cat is just a pisser.

Should I try leaving her out for now and maybe add another box with Feline pine? She has 2 boxes in my (her) room now with clay litter and crystals (4 total in the house for 3 cats). Or should I confine her to my half bath with her box, water, food, and a bed. I just am at a loss of what to do with this cat. My parents would take her and make her an outdoor cat, but she's afraid to go outside and she's hates their dogs.
And I love her!! I just am so sick of washing sheets every single day and sleeping on a blanket.

Also, this vet sucks....they didn't talk about anything behavioral, just said be sure to have several bowls of fresh water, which I already do. ugh.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
try using the Cat Attract litter in her box - it really works! it comes with a pamphlet on litterbox retraining.

using the fountain will definitely help her drink more, too.

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

try using the Cat Attract litter in her box - it really works! it comes with a pamphlet on litterbox retraining.

using the fountain will definitely help her drink more, too.
Well, I got the additive as opposed to the litter, hope that works as well. It comes on Monday. Until then I think I'm going to leave her locked up in the half bath and ask my roommate who stays at home to take her out a few times a day for supervised play times. Anyone have opinions on her being locked up? I'm not sure if this is just going to stress her out more because she knows the kittens are out and my roommate is out and about. The alternative is below, but she could find another place to pee besides my bed.

As opposed to locking her up I think I might try the wee-wee pads taped up on my bed (so she can't scratch them aside) and then foil over them to deter her. Unfortunatly she loves bubble wrap
, so that won't work. Maybe she doesn't like foil. I just hate to do that because I like when she sleeps with me so I really hate to confuse her that it's bad to jump on the bed, but I guess this is what I have to do.

Sorry this turned more into a behavior thread...mods can use their descretion to move it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by venusgirltrap

Well, I got the additive as opposed to the litter, hope that works as well. It comes on Monday.

Sorry this turned more into a behavior thread...mods can use their descretion to move it.
i'm currently using the additive. i think it works just as well as the litter. i had to order it, tho - the local petsmart carries the litter, but not the additive.

curlyq629

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it is totally appropriate for her to be kept in the bathroom for a few days when she can't be supervised. I just did this with Leo when I discovered he had taken to peeing on the carpet (same area every time, based on the spots I found using a black light). He didn't like being isolated, but it got him back in the habit of using the litter box.

The Cat Attract has step by step directions that are helpful. I would do that in combination with Hailey being in the bathroom until she is showing consistent litter box use.