I Need Help In Illinois!!!!!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A woman is bringing me a pregnant cat that is due any day now. She rescues cats and already has too many. The cat was supposed to have her kittens last week(according to the vet), but the woman thinks that she hasn't had them because there's too many other cats and there's nowhere quite for her to go.

Well, I live in a 1-bedroom apartment and already have 5 ferrets, 2 cats, 2 sugar gliders, and am hand-raising 2 kittens, so my hands are already VERY full. However, I understand that the cat needs to give birht asap, so I'm taking her in even though I don't have the room. She'll be in my bedroom or bathroom til she gives birth.

If anyone up here can PLEASE help me by taking this poor girl I would REALLY appreciate it. I want to help, but I just don't have the room or the resources for it. I will help you find homes for the kittens and the mama cat.

PLEASE! Hubby is going to kill me when he find out I'm taking this cat in. We've already had quite a few fights over me taking in th 2 kittens I'm raising. I have a feeling I'll be on the couch til this cat is in a new home.

I am in the NW suburbs of Chicago, IL.

PM me for my #.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just sent a quick PM to someone that is part of the TCS long distance rescue league. They are from the Chicago area. Hopefully, they can help or know someone that can!
Good luck, and thank you for taking this momma into your home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! I want to do my best to help this woman and to help the poor preggers kitty, but there's only so much that I can do before I've reached my limit.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
UPDATE!

I just got the kitty about an hour ago and guess what: SHE'S NOT PREGNANT! lol. I even took her to my vet to confirm. In fact, she's in heat right now!

The woman has a vet paper stating that the cat is preggers, but now she's not. My vet said that she probably had a phantom pregnancy. Well, either way, this is great for Pepper(that's her name) because that's one less problem for her.

We're guessing she's about 2-3 years old. She's the most beautiful kitty I've ever seen! She's gray and has what I like to call "bengal" markings.
She also has the sweetest, most wonderful personality that a person could ask for. ^_^ Oh yeah, and she LOVES belly rubs! haha.

Right now she is snuggled up with my kittens. She has already had about 4 litters(poor girl) so she makes a wonderful mommy.

The woman gave me enough money to have her spayed and to get her shots at PAWs, so that will go to the new owner, which I will hopefully find within the next couple days.

Well, here's a pic of her snuggled up with Yin:

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, she looks just like my other cat, Binx, so maybe hubby will never even notice her, heehee.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How wonderful that she's not pregnant!
Your little one looks like she's appreciating the mothering!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's quite a relief that she's not preggers.

Yeah, Yin has already found a nipple, rofl!

Do you think it's possible that Pepper would produce milk because the kittens are nursing?

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's soo beautiful..

I wish wish wish I could have her.. She's really is one of the most beautiful cats, I've ever seen.. Dang the luck,, I know my husband would have a fit.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does look like Binx!

Glad to hear she is'nt prego

Good luck on finding her a home

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are an ANGEL for taking in another kitty under your circumstances -- especially one you thought was pregnant!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

Do you think it's possible that Pepper would produce milk because the kittens are nursing?
I've seen male cats produce milk when stimulated regularly. The question that I could never get a vet to answer was whether or not the milk had enough nutrients for the kittens. If you are nursing the kittens, continue doing so and if they snuggle up with Pepper to gain comfort, by all means let them do it!

I'm glad she's not preggers.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was thinking about the nutrience as well. I will continue to bottle feed, don't worry. I just thought it would be great for them to be able to get some "real" milk if that was possible.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

I was thinking about the nutrience as well. I will continue to bottle feed, don't worry. I just thought it would be great for them to be able to get some "real" milk if that was possible.
Tortiebaby....I don't know if I would encourage that unless you don't plan to have her spayed for a while (I would certainly recommend having her spayed sooner rather than later) because once she has had the spay surgery, unless they perform a flank spay on her..she is not going to want to have little kittens kneeding on her belly.

Katie

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm not keeping her. In fact, she probably won't be here for more then a couple days. I've already posted some ads to find her a new home.

However, she wants to be with the kittens in the box(don't worry, she was vet checked twice and doesn't have anything wrong with her, tested negative for FIV, is dewormed, and is flea-free) so I am letting her be in there with them. After all, it certainly helps me out from havig to fill up hot waterbottles ever couple hours to keep them warm.
Also, it helps to stop them from sucking on each other since they now have nipples to suck on, lol.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Whoops! Sorry, I moved the pic in my photobucket folder. It must have erased it from here, lol.

Here it is again:

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lore

Guess who is going to be our 4th and final kitty

I'm SO EXCITED!
I'm excited too!
I'm so happy that you are able to take her. I KNOW she'll be in grat hands AND I'll be able to get lots of updates.
Yippee!