WOOHOO Im moving into a house!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thats my happy dance. LOL Me and my ex-husband have been talking back and forth lately. Hes planning on moving out of our old house and into a newer one closer to were he works. So he was trying to decide what to do with it and wanted to know if I wanted to buy it from him. Yeah like Ive got money growing out of my rear end or something.

But I told him I would like to move there but couldnt pay more then what Im paying for this 2 bedroom apartment. So he said he would think it over and get back to me.

He just called me a couple minutes ago and said that he was sending me something in an email and for me to check my email. So I did after I hung up with him and it was a rent agreement thing and I have got to say if things go as planned I'll be moving into my old house again at the end of this months!

I never thought he would actually agree to it but he said since Im raising Ari pretty much on my own that the least he could do was make sure we didnt have to worry about where we would live.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's great news hon!!
be sure to cover all of your bases though and make sure that you have your contract notarized and looked over by a lisenced attorney though just to be on the safe side.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

that's great news hon!!
be sure to cover all of your bases though and make sure that you have your contract notarized and looked over by a lisenced attorney though just to be on the safe side.
Dont worry I will. Hes sending it by mail for my Dad to look over (hes a lawyer) and my moms in real estate. So Im covered on that end. They wont let him do anything sneaky. I didnt think about getting it notarized. I definatly will though. Thanks for that idea. I do trust him to a certain extent but Ive had my reason to be wary also. So Im covering all my grounds.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

That'll be so great to have a house!!!
Yeah Im really excited. I really want a dog and couldnt bring myself to get one while living in an apartment. The house is pretty big 3 bedroom upstairs and a huge finnished basement. So Ill have plenty of room for the fosters. Im going to turn the basement into the cat foster area. My personal cats and dog will be residing upstairs.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wasn't going to say anything about having more room for fosters, but since you said it.....

It'll be cool to have a dog, too. I would be lost without my big tough chicken dogs!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I wasn't going to say anything about having more room for fosters, but since you said it.....

It'll be cool to have a dog, too. I would be lost without my big tough chicken dogs!
All rescue people think alike. LOL It has 1 acre fenced yard so Im definatly getting a dog either a bassett or a beagle. Not sure which but definatly a rescue.

Im so excited.

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As long as you have a sense of humor, I think a bassett would be a great idea.
But goodness knows there are plenty of beagles in rescue as well. (It always makes me wonder, with the Beagles... I hardly ever see them, and yet the shelter is CRAWLING with beagles and beagle mixes, and the rescues are always full, and pregnant beagle girls turn up a lot. Hunters dumping them or something?)

Now.. do tell us about your new house! I'm so excited for you!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by noludoru

As long as you have a sense of humor, I think a bassett would be a great idea.
But goodness knows there are plenty of beagles in rescue as well. (It always makes me wonder, with the Beagles... I hardly ever see them, and yet the shelter is CRAWLING with beagles and beagle mixes, and the rescues are always full, and pregnant beagle girls turn up a lot. Hunters dumping them or something?)

Now.. do tell us about your new house! I'm so excited for you!
Congratulations on returning to your "home"! I agree that you need a sense of humore with bassetts- I grew up around a few and they are wonderfully funny, affectionate and - I must say- smelly - dogs. I think that the reason there are so many beagles in shelters boils down to the fact that they are high energy, and somewhat noisy dogs. They are hunters and do "bay" - I don't think that alot of people think about a dog's energy level, etc - i.e. fox terriers,etc. They just think "cute", "small, "Snoopy", "Eddie" and that is what they get.