RIP Tigger ... :(

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We miss you!

Rob was called this morning from the vets office, saying that Tigger passed away this morning from cardiac arrest. She had gone in for an I-131 treatment to cure her hyperthyroidism yesterday. Not 24 hours later we got the terrible call
She was doing wonderfully after the injection, they said she was eating and excreteing everything just fine, a tech walked by and noticed she was breathing strangely. They x-rayed and found a lot of fluid surrounding her lungs. They tried stabilizing her but she succumbed to cardiac arrest.

Our beautiful baby was 14 years old, and in GREAT health (as far as we knew before-hand. All blood tests put her as extremely healthy for her age). This vet had said the fluid was probably a result from heart disease or a form of cancer we wouldn't have seen in blood tests. I feel horrible, almost guilty. She was so happy and active yesterday when we brought her to the office. She was talking to us, rubbing our hands and the vets hands, and seemed so alive. It is just such a shock to both of us that we will never be woken up at 6:30am by her again for her treats, and she won't be waiting for us outside when we come home at night, waiting on her treat of course.

I've only known her for 2½ of her 14 years, but everyday she would sit on my lap for the 7 months I didn't have a job. She'd sleep on our sides or chests at night, and fight us for the bed. She'd always lay in Rob's lap while he was on the computer. It hurts so much to think that Sunday night was the last time she'd ever lay in his lap. She was his "baby-kitty", and I know he is extremely torn up and just trying to hold himself together. He cried on the phone telling me, which made me cry harder.

We get her body back in 80 days - the radiaoactive level needs to drop before we can bury or cremate her. I am so extremely crushed, I left work early (and thankfully everyone understood and URGED me to leave). It is the first time in 4 years that I've dealt with the loss of a cat, and you almost forget how hard it is....

We miss and love you Tigger. Life will never be the same without you.

[Side note: Ironically, the cat who got treated with I-131 the same day Tigger did, was a male cat named Tigger who was 16. They were "radiation-roommates".]

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so terribly sorry for your unexpected loss of Tigger. I'm happy to hear that Tigger enjoyed a very happy last few years of her life with you. She was a beautiful girl and she's now a beautiful angel in heaven. I'm so sorry.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm so sorry to hear of your loss

I know my sweet Davidson is up there showing Tigger the ways of the Rainbow Bridge

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry about Tigger she sounds like she was a wonderful cat. Its always hardest when you loose them unexpectedly.
She was very pretty.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! So sorry to hear about Tigger!

May she run in cat nip fields, drink from rivers of milk, & play the day away...

At least Tigger was happy, cared for, & loved!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and Tigger.
May your beautiful kitty RIP.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor baby, i'm so sorry

Run fast across the bridge Tigger, and don't be scared because you'll be safe and sound with your new friends that's waiting to take you to your new home

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i think it's always harder when it's unexpected like that...
for you & Rob, losing her so suddenly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all the kind words. It means a lot to us. Only other animal lovers can understand what we're going through. I'm so glad I found this board.

I, too, said earlier it is somewhat harder when it is unexpected like that. *sigh*

Rob broke down at the vet's when we picked up her carrier and treats, and we bawled together for about 5 minutes in the car. Then when we got home he was opening the mail and saw our mat that says "One spoiled rotten cat lives here". That got us both again
He said "there is no more cats living here". I've been crying on and off since I found out.

He told his mom to expect two little kittens in the near future - we most likely will get them BEFORE we move into our house. He said he can't wait until we get our house built to have little furrballs to put a smile on his face. I know I doubt I could wait 5 months as well.

Thank you again for the wonderful words and hugs!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No words to say, I know I feel your tremedous pain! So sorry! Death is just a silent thief, we just don't know when it will come to our family!And it is never fair!
Is the other cat still living?
sending you Love!
Monique

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Then when we got home he was opening the mail and saw our mat that says "One spoiled rotten cat lives here". That got us both again
He said "there is no more cats living here". I've been crying on and off since I found out.

He told his mom to expect two little kittens in the near future - we most likely will get them BEFORE we move into our house. He said he can't wait until we get our house built to have little furrballs to put a smile on his face. I know I doubt I could wait 5 months as well.

Thank you again for the wonderful words and hugs!
i didn't realize y'all were catless now - are all 4 of the sweeties in your sig RB babies?