Are you worried?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No- i'm cautious...i don't let my guard down because i don't think we can in these times anymore....but i'm not freaked out worrying about it or anything (i have soo many other things on my mind at the moment).

What DOES worry me though is that if something were to happen- i know Colin would get called right back up
That really scares me. He was a Lt. (3rd rank) in the Navy before he got out to become a police officer and persue that dream. He was in the Navy for 8 years and right now his status is "inactive reserve." If something major were to happen i'm sure he'd have to go back- i understand though- he feels its his duty to serve his country....but at the same time- i want him here with me so that's just hard to think about.

Tomorrow though- we plan to do something to honor those who lost their lives. We will lower our flag to half mast and be sure that everyone who drives by our home knows how much we love and support our country and the memory of those innocent people killed during that day and in the war that's followed. We love and support our soldiers and the sacrafices them and their families have made. i want that to be shown- so that if anyone drives by, they will know our house hasn't forgotten you know. That's important to me and colin.I plan to get a big yellow ribbon to put around the tree in front of our house if i get a chance tomorrow too.

for me though- tomorrow is about honoring the memory and the lives of all those angels who have passed on, it's not about living in constant fear- that's exactly what the terrorists want.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really although I always get a weird feeling when September 11 approaches. I doubt anything will happen if that's what people are paranoid about. If something did happen, I can't imagine it being larger than the 9/11 attacks. I mean, WWII was bad, but that happened over the course of a few years. 9/11 happened in one morning.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will get up, feed the critters, drink my coffee and go to work, as usual. If I let paranoia take over, the bad guys have won.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Not really although I always get a weird feeling when September 11 approaches. I doubt anything will happen if that's what people are paranoid about. If something did happen, I can't imagine it being larger than the 9/11 attacks. I mean, WWII was bad, but that happened over the course of a few years. 9/11 happened in one morning.
Not to freak you out but yes WWII did happen over the cource of many years but the catlyst that got the US to join the war happened on morning as well.

Pearl Harbor December 7, 1941.
http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/e...r/pearlhbr.htm
"The U.S. Fleet's Pearl Harbor base was reachable by an aircraft carrier force, and the Japanese Navy secretly sent one across the Pacific with greater aerial striking power than had ever been seen on the World's oceans. Its planes hit just before 8AM on 7 December. Within a short time five of eight battleships at Pearl Harbor were sunk or sinking, with the rest damaged. Several other ships and most Hawaii-based combat planes were also knocked out and over 2400 Americans were dead."

If I recall it was less than an hour before it was all over. Untill the attacks on the Trade Center people alive during Pearl Harbor felt the same way. Nothing counld have been worse but unfortunatly every attack can and most likely will be out done.

Boy arn't I a cheery one tonight.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although we started the war ostensibly because of the 9/11 attacks, it is now known that Saddam's Iraq was not behind 9/11. If anyone over there is in special danger tomorrow, it's probably the troops in Afghanistan, which harbored Osama Bin Laden afterward. (Although I wouldn't put it past certain elements to stage an attack in Iraq tomorrow just to lend credence to the Saddam-did-it contention.)

I must admit that I tend to stay home on 9/11... with the radio on a news channel, just in case.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as nothing happens with the Internet or my computer, I'll be happy. I think if anything were to happen, its by some copy cat group rather than Al Qaeda. I mean look at it...it took them what was it 15 years before their next attack on the WTC? Without that in place they don't have a specified target. It'll be awhile before their next attack (perhaps 2022?).

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaylacat

No, but I do worry for our soldiers that are over there right now.

If something were to happen, I highly doubt that it would be on the same day, in part due to hightened alert on this day.

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
what? no. Why would I be? It's just a date. Sure, something horrible happened that day a few years ago, but horrible things have happened on other days and I don't get paranoid on those dates just because something happened to happen.
It's actually a happy day for my family, too, because my sister got married that day two years ago.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always feel a little scared, but go on with my day normally.
3 years ago we lived across the street from a little old lady, and not too far from the Marine Corps artillery range. The Marines started a little early, about 5:00 am, and I just happened to be up. The lady across the street freaked aout. She came running out the front door in her nightgown, screeaming, and dropped to her knees in the middle of the street. I was about to go get her when her husband came out and took her back inside. Poor lady was terrified. I guess it was just the date, though, the Marines are constantly blowing things up right there, just not usually that early.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most certainly not! Like has been said, if we live in fear, the terrorists have won.

I flew home yesterday and the airport security was already much tighter than when I left for my trip. I felt completely safe.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do tend to be a bit more cautious, but we have to go on with our lives.

Keep in rememberence of all those whose lives were lost on that horrible day!

I agree, if somethings going to happen, its going to happen on a different day.