I found a small lump

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was petting Taz tonight and I found a small lump on his rear hip. It's just under the skin and it's hard. About the size of a pea. I'll call the shelter tomorrow to see if they'll allow him to go to the vet, but what could it be? I don't think it was there before. Should I wait a couple days and see if it goes away?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Has he had a shot recently??
Ya know what she did say he just had his shots. But on his rump? I thought they give them on the back of the neck area between the shoulder blades.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Ya know what she did say he just had his shots. But on his rump? I thought they give them on the back of the neck area between the shoulder blades.
My vet used to do it b/t the blades but not anymore...they do it towards the back end not sure exactly where because I don't look
I'm willing to bet that's what it is...but just check to be sure if u need to for peace of mind...I have rushed mine to the vet before for this, only to be told it's from the shot given a month or so before.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok. it's likely that then. And they may have well given the shots themselves to save on money. i'm not sure. I know they take them to the same vet I have and they've never given my animals shots there. So if they did it themselves they could have done it in that area. Or perhaps a new vet tech or something.. I'll keep an eye on it. I don't want to bug them over every little thing ya know..

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many vets now give shots on the back leg/rump area because if it does turn out to be cancer, they can remove the leg if necessary.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Many vets now give shots on the back leg/rump area because if it does turn out to be cancer, they can remove the leg if necessary.
That was my understanding as well.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So is there a lot of instances of cancer just under the skin where they use to do it? If so I'd say those statistics need to be looked into.. I firmly believe we over vaccinate though and were not told the repercussions of doing that as well...so..

Anyway, that was a bit off topic. I'll keep and eye on it.

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just recently found a lump in one of my baby girl's right leg tonight. She had her rabies shot 3.5 weeks ago. Is this some sort of reaction to the shot? Surely cancer couldn't have formed in a month...?