Points per thread and post altering?

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is it that I log on and at first I get 15 points per thread and 5 per post, but suddenly it becomes 1 per thread and 1 per post, then a while later it jumps back up again?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends which forum you are posting in. Check the bottom of the page. You'll see there the points awarded for the forum you are in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats what I was doing - (checking the bottom of the page)

I thought it was just standard as to the number of points regardless of the forum.

Thanks

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

Thats what I was doing - (checking the bottom of the page)

I thought it was just standard as to the number of points regardless of the forum.

Thanks
No it is not standard for every forum. For example, you get more points for posting in the "Our Feline Companion" threads but only get one point for posting in the Lounge.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

What about your second question? That sounded interesting.....
This question?
Fur pics replies are generally shorter and not much thought goes into them, they are just adorable or how cute etc so only get 1 point.
The non cat forums are all standard at 5 points and then there is a 'premium' (extra 2 points) for the health and nutrition forum as they are about cats and that is what TCS is for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, don't worry about that. I am an idiot. The points were 'jumping back up' because I was in a different forum!!! Figured it out now. Went through the ones I go in most to see. I must have been in the 'fur pics' and 'pregnant cats and kitten care' alot the other day!!!