The Mystery of the Stained Paws

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For the last few weeks, Emma has been appearing with dark stained paws .... they have gray stains all over them that are impossible to remove without cutting the hair off.

Interestingly, my charcoal drawings awaiting framing are now ruined with dozens upon dozens of black and gray paw prints and smears. They are in a room the kitties are not supposed to be allowed in.

Even worse, the little paw prints are everywhere on the carpet and have been tracked onto a few other sketches on that table--which they are especially not allowed on, the few times we allow them in that room with supervision. *sigh*

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, Emma is an artist too and was hoping you'd like her work!

She was just imitating you and is probably wondering why you aren't impressed with her efforts!

Maybe she needs her own work table so your drawings won't mess up her pawprint artwork!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Awwww, Emma is an artist too and was hoping you'd like her work!

She was just imitating you and is probably wondering why you aren't impressed with her efforts!

Maybe she needs her own work table so your drawings won't mess up her pawprint artwork!

Oh god.. I don't know what to say to that...

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh no!

We tore up carpet and vinal (sp) in our front hallway and put tile down. Dh put down some thin-set mortar so he could finish tiling. A couple of minutes later, I saw pawprints on the cement board that was going to hold the tile. Mistoflees decided that it would be a good thing to walk through

Thankfully he never got sick from it. Silly kitty. And I'm afraid to tile anything else. Sneaky Pie would probably go and sit in the thin set mortar, just beacuse she's Sneaky.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Huh, I wonder what happened then?

Do you think the two events are related?

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh no that is not good. my neice has permanent kitty paw prints in her drywall, they mysteriously match felix's huuummmm

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'know, in Mexican factories where they make terracotta floor tiles and lay them out to dry on the floor in big warehouses, stray dogs often trot through and leave pawprints on some of the tiles while they're still soft. And those tiles are always in high demand for their uniquely rustic appeal!

I think you should collect Emma's works to date and arrange for a one-cat show at the nearest gallery...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Y'know, in Mexican factories where they make terracotta floor tiles and lay them out to dry on the floor in big warehouses, stray dogs often trot through and leave pawprints on some of the tiles while they're still soft. And those tiles are always in high demand for their uniquely rustic appeal!

I think you should collect Emma's works to date and arrange for a one-cat show at the nearest gallery...
Oh goodness--they would certainly have a laugh. The nearest one is actually quite snobbish, and did want some of my work.
I was pretty flattered, as they showcase some artists with talent beyond what I could ever have.

I think Emma's work would be right at home, there. She was trying to get into the oil paints (no I didn't let her, don't worry, guys!) a few weeks ago... crazy kitteh.