just put mu details on petfinder as a volunteer

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from England but currently live in Yorktown V
Ok so as some may remember my hubby got a reckless driving ticket, and after consulting with a lawyer, he suggested he does community service to show he is a good citizen, b4 the court date, not this kinda works out quite well, because we had been looking for something to do in our spare time, that didn't involve spending money, and we had thought about volunteering, so its kinda just pushed it forwards for us.

So I put our details on pet finder so that if any shelters are short of volunteers they can contact us, and he has arranged us to go and see a lady at the SPCA (i think) about introductory training.

I would have loved to foster of take some kittens that need bottle feeding as I am a non worker so have lots of spare time (due to immigration status) but it would make our finances to tight, plus our apartment is a bit to small to have too many cats in it.

and don't worry even after he has been to court, we will still be volunteering for as long as possible!
So as of right now I am feeling very excited and happy

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My cat Mellow

Ok so as some may remember my hubby got a reckless driving ticket, and after consulting with a lawyer, he suggested he does community service to show he is a good citizen, b4 the court date, not this kinda works out quite well, because we had been looking for something to do in our spare time, that didn't involve spending money, and we had thought about volunteering, so its kinda just pushed it forwards for us.

So I put our details on pet finder so that if any shelters are short of volunteers they can contact us, and he has arranged us to go and see a lady at the SPCA (i think) about introductory training.

I would have loved to foster of take some kittens that need bottle feeding as I am a non worker so have lots of spare time (due to immigration status) but it would make our finances to tight, plus our apartment is a bit to small to have too many cats in it.

and don't worry even after he has been to court, we will still be volunteering for as long as possible!
So as of right now I am feeling very excited and happy
good!!!
Glad to see ya feel better about it all

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great, most shelters will start you off on the yukkier duties like feed and clean etc before they let you work with babies (there are some real weirdoes out there and they try to weed them out with the yukkier duties before letting you handle animals).

If you are fostering them, usually the shelter will supply all their food and litter if you ask

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh that is so exciting! Good to hear you've turned a bad thing into a good. I would love to volunteer at a shelter but just can't find the time right now.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

That is great, most shelters will start you off on the yukkier duties like feed and clean etc before they let you work with babies (there are some real weirdoes out there and they try to weed them out with the yukkier duties before letting you handle animals).

If you are fostering them, usually the shelter will supply all their food and litter if you ask
Most rescues supply food and litter. So it doesnt cost you unless you want it to. I give all my foster kitties extra stuff. Like I buy their canned food because the rescue doesnt think they need it unless they are kittens under the age of 8 weeks. So I buy that for all of them. If I get a kitten with special needs like being severely underweight I buy special food for them to gain weight a little faster then what they would on science diet. Just search around for rescues yopu would like to work with and go from there. Also please think very hard before you decide to do bottle babies. Because sometimes they seem to be doinmg awesome and you still loose them. Bottle feeding kittens isnt easy.