Does WELLNESS test for Acetaminophen...

gidgetcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, I'm new posting here, but I browse around pretty often looking for beneficial info for my five kitties.

What I was wondering is: Does anyone know if WELLNESS tests their ingredients and finished foods (dry and wet) for the following:

Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
Cyanuric Acid
Melamine
Salmonella

It's not posted on the WELLNESS site what they test for. With the recent findings of acetaminophen in some foods (not WELLNESS brand), I'm especially wanting to know about this.

Thanks in advance!!!

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GidgetCat

Hello everyone, I'm new posting here, but I browse around pretty often looking for beneficial info for my five kitties.

What I was wondering is: Does anyone know if WELLNESS tests their ingredients and finished foods (dry and wet) for the following:

Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
Cyanuric Acid
Melamine
Salmonella

It's not posted on the WELLNESS site what they test for. With the recent findings of acetaminophen in some foods, I'm especially wanting to know about this.

Thanks in advance!!!
Good question! I don't think you have to worry about WELLNESS and the toxic ingredients you listed above. My cats are THRIVING on WELLNESS. I believe WELLNESS uses quality ingredients and they CARE about our pets' well-being.

The CYANURIC ACID you mention is from 'dead pets'--that's the chemical that vets use to put down pets who have to be put down because they are very sick. Also, the CYANURIC ACID is used to euthanize cats and dogs that are over-crowding the shelters.

I have read an article where the pet owner took the food sample to a LAB and had it tested herself-they found CYANURIC ADIC. She did this because her pets died after eating pet food (don't remember the name, it was a major brand in grocery/pet stores and she is doing the law-suit thing.

IMO, as a rule, if the food is advertised in any way, I don't go for it.

ETA: One really does not know what is in most advertised foods-they are not going to put it on the label. If you REALLY want to know what's in advertised pet foods TAKE IT TO THE LAB YOURSELF.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

welcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a comprehensive quality control program that follows the principles of HACCP (hazard analysis critical control program)

Part of that program is regular testing for hazards such as pathogens (salmonella is one) in light of the recent recalls, melamine and cyanuric acid have been added to that testing.

I hope that helps!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gidgetcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Welcat

We have a comprehensive quality control program that follows the principles of HACCP (hazard analysis critical control program)

Part of that program is regular testing for hazards such as pathogens (salmonella is one) in light of the recent recalls, melamine and cyanuric acid have been added to that testing.

I hope that helps!
Welcat,
I appreciate the info and I'm happy to know that WELLNESS tests for cyanuric acid, melamine and salmonella, but you mentioned nothing about acetaminophen (Tylenol). Does WELLNESS test for acetaminophen?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gidgetcat - I see you are new to the forums so I just want to make sure you and the others are aware that just because you see something on the internet, that doesn't make it true.

Anyone can put up a website and claim a lot of things. Wellness is a reliable company and unless you or anyone has any proof of the information being put out in this thread, then it may just cause panic for nothing.

We must all be CERTAIN of our facts and our backup information before posting any defamatory remarks on any company in a public forum.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gidgetcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Gidgetcat - I see you are new to the forums so I just want to make sure you and the others are aware that just because you see something on the internet, that doesn't make it true.

Anyone can put up a website and claim a lot of things. Wellness is a reliable company and unless you or anyone has any proof of the information being put out in this thread, then it may just cause panic for nothing.

We must all be CERTAIN of our facts and our backup information before posting any defamatory remarks on any company in a public forum.
I made no claims or defamatory remarks whatsoever. I simply asked if WELLNESS tests for acetaminophen and posted some links that I've seen. My five cats all eat WELLNESS (dry and wet), and I'm always searching for peace of mind. I never once insinuated that anything is wrong with WELLNESS. I apologize if you took it that way.

I am also well aware that not everything on the internet is true, and I advise caution in making determinations about what is found out there. But with multiple posted lab results for a handful of different foods showing positive for acetaminophen, I feel it's never a bad thing to play it safe.