Bug-bite question?

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is this sweet little gray and white girly who has been visiting me over the last month or so. I did'nt notice at first, but this morning she has quite a few bites on her little ears- mosquito I guess
anyway, I was just wondering if there is anything I can put on her ears to give her some relief?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

There is this sweet little gray and white girly who has been visiting me over the last month or so. I did'nt notice at first, but this morning she has quite a few bites on her little ears- mosquito I guess
anyway, I was just wondering if there is anything I can put on her ears to give her some relief?
Is she owned by anyone or is she a stray? If she is owned, can the owner take her to the vet?

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe she is... I asked 2 neighbors that I've seen outside if she belonged to them, both said no- one of them said that she thought the cat belonged to someone the next street over, but was'nt sure. We all 3 apparently feed her
she never has a collar on, and she looks healthy besides her ears being a little ate up. I only see her about once a week or so- so I'm thinking she is an indoor/outdoor kitty
She's very loving, so I doubt she is a feral- but she could be a stray that someone dumped or something. I just saw her again when I took some stuff out to the trash. I gave her some food, and she dug in. Her ears look better- so maybe the skeeters just got her this morning?
But if I can't come up with an owner, and short of taking her to the vet myself- is there something I can put on her or her ears to keep the bugs off her? Or maybe something vasoline-like to soothe the bites?

houseofcats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She really needs to be seen by a vet to insure it is bug bites and not something else going on. If funds allow maybe you should just take her in.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm quite sure they are skeeter bites

I was just at the vets earlier getting Chichi her shot, I wish I would have thought to ask him about her. I guess if it does come down to it, I will take her myself. But if I do that, I might as well take her all the way you know?
She sure is sweet

Heres missy girl

Ain't she cute?

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

I just wish I could figure out who/if she belongs to someone

I surely don't want her to spend the winter outside
Chichi absolutely hates female cats, otherwise I would probably already have her inside
She seems well cared for, other than being outside. She has all her claws
so that is good.
Well, I'll keep an eye on her. If she is still outside come this winter, I will definately have to do something

Thanks for listening!
I'll take care of her best I can