Chaos has gone insane!

lonelykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our kitten has gone INSANE! He won't sit still he runs everywhere and attacks EVERYONE! He'll be laying on the floor and if you walk by he'll jump up and attack your ankles. If you sit down he will attack your hands/arms. He still snuggles quite a bit but most the time he's attacking everyone. What do we do? Is this just a phase he's going through?

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, you did name him Chaos!

I don't know anything about kittens so can't offer anything constructive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lonelykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

All kittens act this way - hold old is he? As he matures and gets neutered, he will settle down a little.
He's about 3 months old. Well the vet estimated his birthday to be June 9th. So going by them he was 3 months yesterday
. He hasn't been neutered yet we were hoping the neuter scooter would have an opening for when they came out by us but they don't
. Our vet wants to charge us $150 for the neuter itself and so we're waiting until we have the money to get that done.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's just living up to his name!
Seriously though, he's most likely going through a rather rambuctions kitten phase. When he attacks I suggest gently removing him from the situation and trying to ignore him. Ie: If your sitting on the couch and he pounces on you firmly tell him no and remove him to the floor. Don't ever use your limbs (hands/fingers/toes) as toys or it will never stop. The Neuter will help... are you on NS's mailing list? That's where I took Wickett and they had about 100 cats that day.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a kitten.....normal rambunctious, destroy everything kitten!

I suggest playing with him at least 2x a day with an interactive toy for at least 15 minutes each time. He's probably slightly bored & lonely....

lonelykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

He's just living up to his name!
Seriously though, he's most likely going through a rather rambuctions kitten phase. When he attacks I suggest gently removing him from the situation and trying to ignore him. Ie: If your sitting on the couch and he pounces on you firmly tell him no and remove him to the floor. Don't ever use your limbs (hands/fingers/toes) as toys or it will never stop. The Neuter will help... are you on NS's mailing list? That's where I took Wickett and they had about 100 cats that day.
If he starts getting mean we do put him down but he'll usually jump up again and attack a little more aggressively and even put his ears back and everything. We don't play with him with our hands just toys. If he gets too aggressive we will actually put him in another room for a minute to calm him down.

We're on the mailing list but they just came here like two weeks ago and were all booked up and the closest place that had an opening was like an hour and a half drive to drop him off.

I suggest playing with him at least 2x a day with an interactive toy for at least 15 minutes each time. He's probably slightly bored & lonely
I'll try playing with him more maybe that will work but I usually run around with a string for him for atleast 45 minutes. 20 in the morning and then almost a half an hour before we go to bed at night.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lonelykitten

If he starts getting mean we do put him down but he'll usually jump up again and attack a little more aggressively and even put his ears back and everything. We don't play with him with our hands just toys. If he gets too aggressive we will actually put him in another room for a minute to calm him down.

We're on the mailing list but they just came here like two weeks ago and were all booked up and the closest place that had an opening was like an hour and a half drive to drop him off.

I'll try playing with him more maybe that will work but I usually run around with a string for him for atleast 45 minutes. 20 in the morning and then almost a half an hour before we go to bed at night.
Sounds like your doing all you can at this point and he's just got a bad case of the "crazy kitten". Hopefully NS will be through your area again soon.

If it makes you feel any better Wickett is 2 and a half and still has moments of crazy kitten inspiration.

lioness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you thought about another kitten so they will have each other to play with or is that not an option right now?

lonelykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lioness

Have you thought about another kitten so they will have each other to play with or is that not an option right now?
I can only have one because I have allergies to cats. We were amazed I have not had a reaction to him but I have not. We're afraid of adding another one and rocking the boat. We had two cats a long time ago we had one for a year and I was fine (before I knew I had allergies) than we got a second to keep her company and that is when my allergies acted up and we found out I had allergies to cats. We want to try to keep just him I don't want to risk my reactions coming back.