Im so PO!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Two of my foster kittens got returned this weekend. They are Skye's kittens. KoKo and Luna. Well on our contract and we are very clear on this fact we tell them this many times during the application process and when they fill out the contract that we do NOT adopt to homes that are going to declaw!

And guess what the are both DECLAWED!
They were returned because his new girlfriend was allergic and they were moving out of state. Im so PO. If I had been at the vets when he dropped them off he would have gotten a major beat down. I was really really mad.

They are doing ok though. They are just gorgeous kittens. Very sweet but they arent liking Sundance to much and Calamity has wacked them a couple of times.

Some good news is 3 of my foster kittens got adopted. Selena (Skyes black kitten) and Butch (white and black semi feral) got adopted together. And my longhaired orange and white kitten Cash got adopted too. He has got to be one of the cutest kittens ever!
Now if only I can get some of the other kittens adopted that would be great!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it just me or is this happening quite a bit? I remember someone else starting a thread similar to that recently. Its almost as if they adopt, just to declaw them and then return them.

Sorry for those poor kittens, and I hope you calm down soon. Its not good for your B.P

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no, poor KoKo and Luna!! It's just as well that they got returned to you though! Obviously the homes they were in turned out to be no good anyways. You'll find those babies a new home in no time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arie85

Are you serious?
Yep and I did this adoption myself. I was very clear to this guy that we do not believe in declawing. One of the questions on the application before we even talk to the people is do you plan to declaw. He wrote no he thought it was cruel. Yet after having the kittens 2 1/2 months they both come back declawed? It just makes me so mad. I doubt I will have these two very long though they are some of the prettiest cats Ive seen plus we get alot of people wanting cats that are already declawed and these two are only 6 months so they are very desirable. Only 6 months, declawed and tuxedos they will maybe be here a couple weeks.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

It sounds a bit ironic Fostermomm, hope your mood will be better though
What do you mean?

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't you file some sort of suit against him for breaking the contract? I mean, a contract is legally binding.. I just don't know what sort of damages you'd get. People like that need to lose lawsuits to stop just doing whatever they want with the cats they adopt.

That makes me so mad!!!!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It would cost to much to file a law suit the rescue decided. But they did tell the guy that they might. So he gave a $85 donation.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like $85 makes up for what he did to that poor kitten! At least they will be adopted quickly.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

That son of a gun!

I'd like to cut off the tips of his fingers......
Me too! If I had been therte I probably would have. Ive never fostered/had/been around declawed cats before and their feet look totally different. Plusd the claw that is up from the paws (in dogs its a dewclaw) is totally gone!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor babies!!
I think the same mindset that thinks you must declaw to preemptively protect your furnature thinks it's also ok to bring two little lives into your home and then up and move

Of course, whenever we have these declaw discussions, I still come down to the question why do US vets still do this???

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Poor babies!!
I think the same mindset that thinks you must declaw to preemptively protect your furnature thinks it's also ok to bring two little lives into your home and then up and move

Of course, whenever we have these declaw discussions, I still come down to the question why do US vets still do this???
I use the vet I use because he refuses to do declawing unless theirs a health reason (infection). Their is no reason to do it. All I can think of when I look at their funny looking short toes is the pain they had to go threw for no reason.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

I have the same question. A lot of vets won't do it unless they have to for some medical reason. The others? Well I question whether they have a true love for animals or if it's all about that pay-check...

Those little darlings didn't deserve to be put through that pain and then dumped away.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

"They were returned because his new girlfriend was allergic" - I say that's irony, don't you think?
Yeah I think he just got tired of having them around or maybe she just doesnt like cats. He seemed perfect.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think what has been mentioned before with that people with the mindset that declawing is OK are also more likely to return cats. Just because people who declaw usually do it because they value their time and furniture more than they do the cats.

That sort of person is probably more likely to give up on a pet when things aren't 100% easy (and we know that even with the best kitten it's not going to be perfect ALL the time)

I hope they recover well from their mutilation poor kittens
and that you find a good home for them soom.