Ferris has a new sound!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's the weirdest thing. Suddenly, my boy has developed a brand new "meow," that seems to have been especially developed for yours truly.

It isn't quite a meow, and it is nearly impossible to describe in writing how it sounds, but I'll try.

Instead of opening his mouth all the way into a regular meow, he seems to just lift up his whisker pads a little bit, almost like a double sneer, and the sound that comes out is a really scratchy little "reeeeeeer" sound. I told Ferris that it sounds like he's been smoking cigarettes for 40 years, it's that scratchy.

It is THE cutest thing, and like I said, he does it just for me! I asked my roomie if he's heard him do it, and until Ferris did it for me in front of my roomie last night, he'd never heard him make that meow before!

Isn't that just the strangest thing? And so sweet, too - it's a just for Meowmy meow!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww what a sweetie!

Since bringing in a foster cat and having to close Riley out of the bedroom I've discovered that he doesn't really meow. He just makes an extesive combination of trills and various noises, with only the occasional "merrow" at the end of a long string of them, lol. He talks to her through the door like this.

Don't ya just love all the little sounds they make

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know about the sound, but the way you describe his face when he does it is hilarious!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I don't know about the sound, but the way you describe his face when he does it is hilarious!!!
It really is the cutest little thing!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... maybe he's trying to thank you for clipping his nails?!

The way you described it, it sounds like what Frankie does if I wake her with scratches.