Rest in peace Koi

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On Saturday night my 3 beautiful Koi fish were killed in my backyard pond. The creature (or creatures) that did it were powerful enough to break through the grate that was covering them for protection. They also crushed/destroyed our filter in the process.

Rest in peace my pretty fish, you didn't deserve to go that way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everyone
So many people have told me just to replace them and it's "not a big deal" I knew my fellow animal lovers would understand

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss but it sounds like it was not an animal (unless it was a bear) - sounds like kids did this.

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear it.
A few months back our DD was sick in hospital and for some reason (maybe because I wasn't around) our 5 beautiful goldfish (Max, Ruby, Kipper, Chloe and Cutie) all took turns dying. It was a hard enough time without having our lovely fish die too.....will you get some more eventually?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I'm sorry for your loss but it sounds like it was not an animal (unless it was a bear) - sounds like kids did this.
We used to live in an area that had a heavy black bear population and from what we've seen it appears to be the result of one. When I contacted the MNR they said that they have been spotted in this area.

Originally Posted by mrjonah

Sorry to hear it.
A few months back our DD was sick in hospital and for some reason (maybe because I wasn't around) our 5 beautiful goldfish (Max, Ruby, Kipper, Chloe and Cutie) all took turns dying. It was a hard enough time without having our lovely fish die too.....will you get some more eventually?
We may get more in the future, but only when I'm sure that we have designed a more secure pond that will keep our fish safe. If this was the result of a black bear I'm not sure there will be a way to do that

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

We used to live in an area that had a heavy black bear population and from what we've seen it appears to be the result of one. When I contacted the MNR they said that they have been spotted in this area.
Ahhh...WHAT?!!!

I hope it was an animal and not kids. That's far easier to accept and forgive.
Poor koi. You must've been so upset.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Ahhh...WHAT?!!!

I hope it was an animal and not kids. That's far easier to accept and forgive.
Poor koi. You must've been so upset.
I'll PM you one of the hikers warnings for this area from 2006. As scary as it would be to have them walking through our bush in the backyard but like you said it's much easier to deal with emotionally.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about that. Koi are so beautiful. If there's a bear around, please keep yourself safe, too!

Tricia