Daily Thread Monday 10 September.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning, afternoon and evening all.

Nice warm day today, not so roasting, makes a pleasant change.

We just got Diego back from the vet, and he was so eager to get out of there he climbed straight into his cage and on the way home he was crying to be patted. But couldn't pat him in the car, you know just incase..... for safety reasons.

Just been playing round with the settings on my pc today, its fun to do. The cooler works awesome.

Just in case you missed it in yesterdays daily, coz I'm sure Susan might be interested to know. Soft Paws over here cost upward of $20.31 USD per pack.

Just deciding what to cook for dinner, using chicken. Need something different today. Had chicken just of Friday

Anyhoo have a great day back at work everyone.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning!!

Originally Posted by DIEGO

Soft Paws over here cost upward of $20.31 USD per pack.
Is that expensive?. I normally just half what the dollar price is to our stirling so it's just over £10 for them which isn't bad, but i suppose it can work out expensive for other countries depending on the exchange rate?

I'm pleased Diego came through his ordeal ok, it's Jack's turn next month

The temperatures dropped a bit but it's still a bit warm.

Grocery shopping tonight, and i'll be having an early night because i'm shattered

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Morning!!

Is that expensive?. I normally just half what the dollar price is to our stirling so it's just over £10 for them which isn't bad, but i suppose it can work out expensive for other countries depending on the exchange rate?

I'm pleased Diego came through his ordeal ok, it's Jack's turn next month

The temperatures dropped a bit but it's still a bit warm.

Grocery shopping tonight, and i'll be having an early night because i'm shattered
Oh maybe I'm misinformed? I thought like in the U.S they are like $3 or so and in the U.K 1pound95.

I guess I must have been imagining things when reading posts.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh they might be?, i thought that's what you meant it was, US $
I am confused
. The price I need to pay if I want to buy them here is the same as $20.31USD. Normally imported stuff is just a little more expensive but not like 8x.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning morning!!

Back to work today..just got home from vacation and I am not happy

Hopefully I make it through the day....I hope you all have a good one!

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whoa guys SoftPaws here are like $15- 20 a pack depending where you get them! I wish they were $3!!!

The weather should be good today, but I will be at school for around 10 hours today so I will only get to enjoy a little bit of it.

Layla had great weekend, we adopted my grandparents golden retriever and she is so amazed by him. He is outside only, but she will stand the back door glaring at him like "What is that big furry thing???". My husband and I also started going to church this past Sundy which was very nice.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
good morning!

I don't want to go to work. I'm in a really cranky mood.

Ah well, just 3 days of work this week... I can though it out. Good news is, my apartment is starting to look livable. Most of the painting is done, I put some of the shelves back up, covered the couch and the cat bed, moved furniture around, etc. It's looking good.
I'm trying to decide if I should replace my quilt cover. The walls are now blue, the curtain is blue and the quilt cover is blue. I'd like to get one that's black and gray (they have a really nice one at IKEA, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend $40 on it).

Well, I'll go do my morning meditation before going to work. Maybe that will help fix my mood a little.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mrs.Harris

Whoa guys SoftPaws here are like $15- 20 a pack depending where you get them! I wish they were $3!!!

The weather should be good today, but I will be at school for around 10 hours today so I will only get to enjoy a little bit of it.

Layla had great weekend, we adopted my grandparents golden retriever and she is so amazed by him. He is outside only, but she will stand the back door glaring at him like "What is that big furry thing???". My husband and I also started going to church this past Sundy which was very nice.
Well no point asking one of my mates to send me some. I thought I read that they are very cheap. I'd rather save that $ and just keep trimming their claws.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

good morning!

Amen to that I know how you feel, I didn't get much sleep last night and feel very worn out this morning.

On the bright side, it is a nice day here, sunny and cool. Tons of birds flocking in the back yard so it is giving the kitties something to amuse themselves with.

Heading off shortly, got a ton of paperwork to catch up on from over the weekend, spent most of it covering for people out sick so now it's time to get my own work done. Am assuming everyone will be back today because I haven't heard anything to the contrary yet.

Also need to go shopping after work, never did get there Friday like I was suppose to and now the cupboards are really bare.

Everyone have a good day.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

good morning!

You & me both. I was upset at the fact that I even have to come in
. My boss will be out of town for business for the rest of the week. She'll come in today to catch up on things and leave around 2ish. Hopefully that'll make come in to work more bearable. There's nothing worst than working for a boss who doesn't have an ounce of backbone

Oh yeah, MORNING EVERYONE!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we jumped with both feet into fall today and the rest of the week.
Rain today (no work-bummer) and very cool -right now only 53F (12C) we aren't going to get over 65F all week.

Went grocery shopping this morning, finished canning my tomato paste-I'm getting tomato'd out!! Organized some of my spices and herbs too. I sure I'll find something to work on this afternoon.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good evening

Todays been such a dragged out day! We didn't have to get up until 9 am because we had to bring Tigger to her I-131 therapy appointment today! She was wonderful at the vets office. She definitely was enjoying the attention. I believe they said the other cat getting the I-131 was also named Tigger, except male. They'd be in cages alongside one another in the radiation kennel room.

I didn't get to work until 1pm, and there was barely ANYTHING to do! I prepped and pre-prepped a couple batches, then stalled for about an hour before leaving. We were supposed to look at a house tonight with our realtor, because I am DETERMINED to own a home before Rob & I get married in 21 weeks.

We set an appointment with our realtor for 6:30, I found out around 5:10 that the home we were looking at is no longer on the market, and hasn't been for a long period of time now! The listing agent never removed it!!! Our realtor had only just forwarded us the listing yesterday. So that aggravated both Rob & I tremendously. Supposedly his dad will be selling us some of his land though, and the homes we are looking to build are livable after 8 weeks of construction - that puts us at December 10th at the latest to begin building to be done in time for our wedding. Ack! Hopefully the ball gets rolling!

Whew, sorry that was long. Its been an uneventful yet eventful day...

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread that Diego starts every day and I like the idea. I am going to start posting here every day also and hope to get to know all of you that also post here. I have 3 furbabies, Lady, 12, and Deacon & Douglas 1 year. They are all former feral kitties as babies so bringing them up has been a challenge. No carrying them around like I read other people do to their kitties.

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and am currently in school to be an Associate Insurance Agent and will be placed in an agency on October 8. Kinda scared!
Nice to meet all of you.

Helene