Halloween costumes???

hadley's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
so, do any of you dress your cats up for halloween? or do you get dressed up, if you have kids what are they being?

corbet is being a wizard, i'm not sure about myself yet, but my daughter is being christine from the phantom of the opera. which she is obsessed with. lol

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I want to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and I want my hubby to be the scarecrow and I want my little brother to be a munchkin!!
Maybe it'll happen!! I can't find any place with cat costumes!! Where do you get them??

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kricket gets dressed up every year, and i do have her costume for this year.....hehe cant tell you what she is til my favorite holiday of all time comes around. My boyfriend and family think i'm crazy for dressing her up but its only for a few minutes. I even made Tango a costume one year(he was my bearded dragon) I want to get Worm (formerly known as Ace) a costume to but hes soooo tiny and nothing comes in his size
I'll share pictures once the time gets closer. I cant wait i love Halloween!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hadley's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mrs.Harris

I want to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and I want my hubby to be the scarecrow and I want my little brother to be a munchkin!!
Maybe it'll happen!! I can't find any place with cat costumes!! Where do you get them??
i just use small/xsmall dog costumes.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats would lay on my face to smother me in my sleep if I tried to put an outfit on them!

I love Halloween myself and dress up every chance I get for it. A few Halloweens ago, a co-worker and myself came to work as Sonny and Cher--I was Sonny and he was Cher. It was loads of fun!!

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats wouldnt have it. I wish they would allow me to do stuff like that but forget it! They wouldnt be happy with me at all and im scared to know what they'd do to me lol

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I would looove to dress Roxie up for Halloween but I know she would never have it. A while back I bought her the cutest little doggie t-shirt that I saw and just had to have (it was white and leopard and said wild at heart, it fit too well!). Well I put it on her and boy was she not happy. At first she just lay still like she couldn't move, then she started walking backwards and crouched real low. It was too funny but I couldnt do it to her again!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats would freak out if I tried to dress them up. I once tried to put some reindeer antlers on Forest for a Christmas picture and almost lost an arm in the process. So no costumes for them. (We do joke, though, that Tailer goes as Forest and Forest goes as Tailer.)

I love to decorate and dress up for Halloween. The first year we were at our house I dressed up to receive trick-or-treaters, but unfortunately, we're on a busy street and don't get many. So I don't dress up anymore and I just buy full-sized candy bars for the dozen or so who do come.

My youngest brother's birthday is just before Halloween so sometimes we dress up and do something Halloweenish for his birthday. He also got married last year on Halloween and everyone had to come in costume. He and his wife are gothy types, so I went goth for the occasion. (I must have done a pretty good job of it...my SIL asked if she could have the clothes when I was done with them.
)

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check fur pics - last year clixpix put a costume on Sabina and it became a classic.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a witch costume for Kahlua its sooo funny when I put it on her! She starts walking so low that her stomach is dragging... she hates hates hates the cape!

This year I am going to be a witch, but the catch is I am making my dress out of duct tape
I will post pics of it as soon as I get it finished!

I LOVE halloween! Its sooo much fun!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year I was a referee and gave my nephews treating violations! Like treating without a mask, two treat penalty!
Worked great for me!
I don't know what I'm going to do this year, but I will try for something!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not planning to dress my kitties up...for Halloween- our house is right in the backyard of a school- so we usually get a ton of kids- with the door being opened a lot i'm scared one of the kitties will get out- so they go in the bedroom while i pass out candy.

Whiskey is too nervous to leave out running around with all of the commotion going on so he will go in the bedroom as well. Fosters, my australian shepherd, though- i think i will dress him up and put him on his leash to pass out candy with me
He loves kids!

Last year my little bottle babies (kojak and his brothers) helped me pass out candy when they were bundled up two at a time in their baby blankies. The kids got a kick out of it and it gave me a chance to tell the older ones about helping animals/being responsible pet owners