Today Diego will no longer be a boy. (FINALLY!)

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally the vet decided he will neuter Diego (only after touching Diego's testicles for a few minutes)
. Its only like 2mths overdue
The bonus is that he never started spraying.

I am deeply worried for the first time about having a cat neutered.
So why now you ask? Well after hearing so much about the U.S offering declaw's with a speuter you know. This is Asia so..... and well I was asked to sign a bit of paper,
which I don't know what it was. Yes I signed it because, If I didn't then they probably wouldn't neuter and of course since Diego had to be at the vet in the AM, there was no choice otherwise he would have to wait goodness knows how long, before my wife could come tell me what the paper was. I did get the nurse to try explain it, but I don't think she was using layman terms and so.....
I am just praying I didn't sign something that says they can declaw him.

It was probably just a thing saying if he dies I won't hold them responsible.

The took him out of the cage I had which is huge and stuffed him in this tiny wee cage, which also make me worry.

Anyway I hope everything goes well for him, and now he might be a little less hyper.

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just now caught some of your threads and was reading about Diego's and Niki's pasts and I want to tell you I am praying for Diego that everything goes well. I think probably the paper you signed is just that if something goes wrong, (most like it won't), that you won't hold them responsible. Such as, if Diego has a reaction to the anesthetic for instance. I know you will be much happier once he gets home and you no longer have to worry about him spraying. Good luck, my thoughts are with you, Diego!!

Helene

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably the paper had something to do with putting the cat under for surgery and some of the risks. I'm sure everything will be fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lady20

I just now caught some of your threads and was reading about Diego's and Niki's pasts and I want to tell you I am praying for Diego that everything goes well. I think probably the paper you signed is just that if something goes wrong, (most like it won't), that you won't hold them responsible. Such as, if Diego has a reaction to the anesthetic for instance. I know you will be much happier once he gets home and you no longer have to worry about him spraying. Good luck, my thoughts are with you, Diego!!

Helene
Yeah, I was just worried on the way there if the vet said anything about declawing. I know the word for claw and for cut so if those two were put in a sentence, even a 'do you want his nails trimmed sentence, I would have been able to say, do not touch anything other than his testicles or whatever needed to remove them. I know he will be fine. But still once he gets home.... I will relax.

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Probably the paper had something to do with putting the cat under for surgery and some of the risks. I'm sure everything will be fine.
Yeah, I know.

Hey Thanks for following Diego's slow progress, its about stinking time eh.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't understand why you say he will no longer be a boy because he's being neutered. My Jiggy's neutered and he's still a boy! Very much so!

Keep us posted and let us know how the little man is.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if its spraying or toilet issues, but it seems someone (Diego or Ryu) have started urinating in inappropriate places.
. 1 is peeing on their bed and in a box that contained plastic bags, I just got my hands soaked in old pee
the pee was thickened like semi dry so.... I think maybe it could have been Ryu when he was sick, but he never had issues with the litter box he even vomited in there a few times so...

I don't know what I'm going to do

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Diego is home and not happy with the changes.
He said "get me away from that man with the scalpel who took my man bits"
Then jumped in his own cage. I have to say he looks weird, coz you can see the little incision. Couldn't see Neko's when he was done so I'm guessing it has to do with the age/size of the cat and testicles.
He isn't allowed to be fed today, thats strange coz Neko was, but again different country. I hate the idea though of him not being fed for a full 24hrs, actually it will be a little more than that.

Well he seems all cuddly and friendly, but he's crying coz he isn't allowed out of his cage incase he gets an infection.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the medicines they use give them an upset stomach for awhile. I could give him a little food late tonite and see how he does.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Sometimes the medicines they use give them an upset stomach for awhile. I could give him a little food late tonite and see how he does.
Oh I see. I remember with Neko he wasn't allowed food before but I think he was allowed it after.
He's asleep now so I guess he's OK.

erinca7821

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My vet suggested the same, he hadn't eaten before the surgery overnight and then when he got home later that afternoon I was told to wait til the next morning... he was so out of it though I don't even think it phased him much. He had water out so he could drink and he wasn't even really up for that.

My cat's incision was also very visible and I was constantly checking it out, very weird to see... she even had me leave a cone on for 5 days. He'll be all better in no time, and if he was the culprit in the recently found urine, that should be all better now, too... Seamus had a thing for plastic bags before he was neutered, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was Diego.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by erinca7821

My vet suggested the same, he hadn't eaten before the surgery overnight and then when he got home later that afternoon I was told to wait til the next morning... he was so out of it though I don't even think it phased him much. He had water out so he could drink and he wasn't even really up for that.

My cat's incision was also very visible and I was constantly checking it out, very weird to see... she even had me leave a cone on for 5 days. He'll be all better in no time, and if he was the culprit in the recently found urine, that should be all better now, too... Seamus had a thing for plastic bags before he was neutered, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was Diego.
He had me up most the night begging for food. I finally got him to calm down and sleep on my lap for a while, but come time for bed again...

Lucky Diego doesn't need a cone, that would be too weird to see.

Hard to say if it was Diego, coz he used to play and sleep in that box, but then perhaps he peed there to keep Ryu out of it.

Right now he''s happily eating some chicken wet food, as a treat.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

This is Asia so..... and well I was asked to sign a bit of paper,
which I don't know what it was. Yes I signed it because, If I didn't then they probably wouldn't neuter and of course since Diego had to be at the vet in the AM, there was no choice otherwise he would have to wait goodness knows how long, before my wife could come tell me what the paper was. I did get the nurse to try explain it, but I don't think she was using layman terms and so.....

It was probably just a thing saying if he dies I won't hold them responsible.
I forgot in my update to tell you, that yes the paper was just to relieve them of blame, should Diego have passed away. My wife explained that to me when she got home. I said to her if my wee not-man dies, then I will hold them responsible. Claim ignorance coz I didn't know what I signed
Although ignorance is no longer bliss.

But he's well. Also he is much friendlier as everyone said he would be

He slept on my knee for a while lastnight, something he hasn't done since the day I got him. And his appetite today was awesome. He ate a treat sized tin of chicken jellymeat, his normal 4T of dry, plus he shoveled into Neko's dry. I actually hope that monster appetite stays a while, coz Diego does seem to be, just a little on the skinny side.