You're scared of WHAT?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Seriously I could not stop laughing at Mojo tonight!

We got some of those frozen ice-cream sundae cones. I was eating a vanilla one, had eaten all of the chocolate coating off and thought I would share. (Yes, I know where else they lick...don't care. They're cute and that must sanitize them.
)

First I offered it to Trent, who does NOT like people food. Well, except for vanilla ice cream, apparently.
He was going to town on it! Ssssooooo cute!

Then Mojo comes over. She's a total piglet, and most of the time doesn't even sniff before she starts eating something.
If it's not food, she figures it out when she's chewing it and spits it out.
Yes, we do have to watch her like hawks. Anyway, she comes over and I offer her the ice cream end of the cone. She flinched. I kid you not. I thought maybe I came at her too fast with it, so I offered it slower for her. She cowered and backed away from it!
What the heck is wrong with you, kitty? It's FOOD! I offered it to her one more time and she SMACKED MY ICE CREAM CONE!!! OMG I about fell over I was laughing so hard!

What silly things have scared your kitties?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's too funny!

Sabina loves the bathroom. She specifically loves it when the water in the bathtub is running. Tonight I was running a bath, and Sabina came running as usual...snuggled up against her friend, the bathtub. For some reason, the pipes start to moan (vintage building). OMG! She froze up, her eyes got huge, and she took off like a shot! She didn't even come back to bat at the bubble bath bubbles!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vash scares himself routinely.
He'll be happily playing with the junk mail, move and rattle a paper and shoot about 3 feet, straight up.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is hilarious ......... your description was great!!! I love the part about their cuteness sanitizing them

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe he could smell it or something. Occasionally Ryu will just be sitting there licking himself then he will jump six feet in the air with a puffed up tail, for no reason. I have gone to check things out, like maybe Neko or Diego was trying to sneak up on him, but nothing.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I will not tell Koko that Mojo is actually afraid of something! Or maybe I should!?!?

Ice cream?????? That is seriously funny!!

(I haven't found what Koko is afraid of yet)

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have a typical fat pink piggy bank and I can't even remember which one does it, but they are terrified of it. if you put it on the floor she will go way out of her way to avoid it.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
GiGi loves ice cream also, she was sleeping on J's bed the other day, I went in there with some kind of ice cream on a stick and out of a dead sleep, she was awake, and licking! It is so funny to watch the cats, after they have
eaten some kind of people food I noticed how they lick their chops, exagerated. over and over! then they turn and look at me...Like, "I'll remember you" that was so good!
Monique

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe Mojo could smell Trent's scent on the cone and thought maybe he'd turned into an ice cream cone? lol

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I thought Stimpy was scared of some weird stuff.
That's too funny.

Stimpy is scared of:
rugs, so I only have a couple that we've had for years.

random piles of laundry, he'll be ok once then the next time he'll be cautious and smack it.
bags, especially if I set them on the floor. who knew purses were so scarey.
he also doesn't like the sound of an opening soda can
and will run away if I sneeze.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Heidi, that's too funny. Bailey is afraid of the vaccuum. Just getting it out of the closet makes him arch and hiss!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! Mojo's scared of ice cream!?!
She's probably really embarassed meowmy shared that fact with TCS!

Lily's scared of everything. She once flicked her tail really fast & scared herself!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That`s so funny! I have visions of a little kitty smacking ice-cream across the room and splatting up the wall now

My 2 are scared of the dreaded hoover. Kitty is the worst even though he makes out he`s a big butch boy

kerry'n'ben

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i love that sanitise them comment
that's great
Indie is afraid of people he doesn't know and the hoover, Ember is afraid of the mop and people sneezing

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe it was the coldness of it?
Cats' fears are sometimes strange. We have vines growing along the back of our house, and Jamie is afraid of ..... grapes. The only thing I can figure is that he sometimes hears the wasps that go after the grapes, and thinks that grapes hum like wasps, and are therefore dangerous.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Maybe it was the coldness of it?
Cats' fears are sometimes strange. We have vines growing along the back of our house, and Jamie is afraid of ..... grapes. The only thing I can figure is that he sometimes hears the wasps that go after the grapes, and thinks that grapes hum like wasps, and are therefore dangerous.
OK now that makes me feel better about Mojo being such a strange little wimp.
If the big strong Jamie - who know how to dial the phone, is friends with dogs, and can unplug the refrigerator - is scared of grapes then it must be OK for Mojo to be scared of the ice cream cone!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Linus's nemesis right now is a stuffed yellow Tweety Bird. Now the funny part of it is he usually likes stuffed toys and will play with them so when I brought this bird home a few days ago I thought it was cute and he would have a blast with it. Not so, for some reason he is terrified of it.

If I sit it anywhere he can see it he will charge up to it, knock it flying, and then run like heck in case it's after him..

Not sure whether it's the color or shape that gets him but he sure doesn't like it. If I pick it up and try to show it to him he bats at it.

I guess he must know about all the trouble Tweety Bird has caused for Sylvester over the years and isn't taking any chances.