Top three picks on wet food... your opinions please

rule62

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

Okay, I've boiled it down to three brands of canned food. Eagle Pack, Wellness and Go! Natural. Jake likes all three but I'd be interested in getting your feedback as to which one is the better brand.

I know it depends on the cat and what works best for them but I'm leary of what my pet food store is telling me because I would suspect that they get some sort of incentive from the companies to sell their products.

That's why I would like to draw on the experience of the folks here. I just want to give him the best. He's a 12 (almost 13) year old Abyssinian with no health problems (short of taking a potassium suppliment).

Thanks for anything opinions you have to offer. All these choices are making me go loopy!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wellness in the grain free is my first choice

then Go natural ( thou up close I have only seen the dog

Eagle pack is good but of these three is the last pic

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Wellness & Eagle Pack, but only because my Damita, who has allergies/tummy issues does well on both.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do you want to choose one brand? Why not use all three in rotation? There's no reason to stick with one brand; in fact, it's better if you don't. I use Eagle Pack and Wellness along with Prairie, California Natural, Merrick's, Innova, Natural Balance, and (!) Fancy Feast.

The only reason I can see for avoiding any brand is if your cat either doesn't like it or has some health issue with it.

jenc511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm with Tim. Do you need to feed only one brand? They're all good foods. If your kitty likes all three, why not feed all three?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I should put I rotate about 8 brands

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

Why do you want to choose one brand? Why not use all three in rotation? There's no reason to stick with one brand; in fact, it's better if you don't. I use Eagle Pack and Wellness along with Prairie, California Natural, Merrick's, Innova, Natural Balance, and (!) Fancy Feast.

The only reason I can see for avoiding any brand is if your cat either doesn't like it or has some health issue with it.
IMHO, it's better to rotate. Not only will you (hopefully) keep them from getting tired of a particular variety, but should another contamination scare occur, you won't be feeding them the same thing day after day.

I rotate several brands and I try not to give the favorites too often.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

IMHO, it's better to rotate. Not only will you (hopefully) keep them from getting tired of a particular variety, but should another contamination scare occur, you won't be feeding them the same thing day after day.

I rotate several brands and I try not to give the favorites too often.
Very good point!