Does anybody else in the northern hemisphere have their heat on?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie and I were so cold today that I insisted that the heat be turned on, which was a major drama, as hubby turned it off in April, but had no idea how to turn it back on. We got a new furnace this past winter, and the instructions are for the birds! We finally figured it out by trial and error after an hour and a half!
The "high" today was 16° C. (60.8° F), and most of the house was colder than that!
I spent the last couple of weeks in the U.S., where temperatures hovered around 35.5° C (96° F) - what a difference! No wonder I have a cold and fever!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, Tricia.

It was quite hot and humid here today.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Not yet, but our predicted high for Monday is supposed to be 59F (15C). Fortunately, I had the furnace checked out yesterday and it is ready to go.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was 16 here at the beginning of the week, but climbed back up towards the end of the week to 23.

It's been really warm here today, but you can definitely feel it getting colder first thing in the mornings.

These new houses are well insulated as well so i havent really felt the cold that much to have the heating on, but ask me next month!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope we had the windows open up till supper time - then realized it was kinda chilly.....
But its been mid 60's - not cold enough to put on heat.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Really? The heater? Just yesterday I was running the air conditioner!

I'm sorry you're sick, though.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's in the 80's here right now but i'm FREEZING! (i think i'm getting a cold.) I'd love to turn the heat on for a bit
but that won't happen most likely for a few more weeks.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, not yet. The mornings are cool, but we're into the low 20s for a high. Actually, right now, we've got front and back doors open and a breeze through the house. It's quite nice.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's cool here, like 70 F for highs. Cloudly, breezy, & cool! No heat turned on....yet!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We cant even have the windows open! You guys are lucky! It was 95 here today with no breeze what so ever! And thats how its been all summer! It finally got down to the upper 50's one night here! I was happy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie started fidgeting with the radiator knobs in the kitchen and living room yesterday. I woke up at 7 this morning (10° C!), and was chilled to the bone, despite the heated water bed. Jamie and I cuddled in bed till around 9, and then Robert came in and asked why I was blue in the face. That did it! I doubt we'll have an Indian summer this year.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure am glad you got it all figured out and turned back on.
We would NOT want Jamie Cat to be snifflin'
; that'd be just adding insult to injury, wouldn't it?

mickey 14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh it is unusally hot here!! I have the A/C on which is weird for me as I don't like it much. Only at night when I can cover up!! I am waiting for the 75degree days and 50 degree nights we have Sept. thru Nov.!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's been pretty warm in the Toronto area. It was in the low 30's (Centigrade) Thursday and Friday. Thankfully today was cooler for our golf tournament.

We've had all the doors and windows open 24/7 and at night we get a cool breeze but not cold.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just got a notice from the apartment caretakers that they're going to start turning the heat on at night, so to make sure the radiators in the apartment are clear of anything burnable. Ahhhh... winter is coming!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes - don't remind me on how cold its about to become!! It has been in the 80's here the last few days and we have the house wide open. It's supposed to chill down next week with overnight temps in the upper 40's. We'll think about the furnace then.

I guess it's time to close up the swimming pool and get the hot tub ready for winter!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not I. Tucson temps are still up around 100, with overnight lows in the high 60s-70s. My furnace won't be turned on, until around the beginning of November and then only at night.