Guys, I need your opionion and girls too if you know why

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What does it mean when you tell a girl you are interested in her but only like a little sister. I hate that phrase why don't you just say you aren't into the girl. And why is it that nine times out of ten you adopt a friend as a sister when you got a girl. Men say we women are hard to figure out, I have yet to figure any man out.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

What does it mean when you tell a girl you are interested in her but only like a little sister. I hate that phrase why don't you just say you aren't into the girl. And why is it that nine times out of ten you adopt a friend as a sister when you got a girl. Men say we women are hard to figure out, I have yet to figure any man out.
IMO, it means that the guy just wants to be friends. It means he likes you but not in a romantic way.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that usually means the "spark" isn't there, but the caring and affection is. I had a lot of male friends that I loved "like a brother" (yeah, they hated that phrase too). Funny thing is, one of those "brothers" I ended up marrying 10 years later!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

IMO, it means that the guy just wants to be friends. It means he likes you but not in a romantic way.
Yep
It's entirely possible for men and women to be just platonic friends without any romantic feelings involved.

I tend to get along better with men than women and in fact my very best friend is a man.

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Every man likes to have a girl on his side, even if she's only his friend and not his girlfriend, and I think that's what it means.... although I myself like only to have my girlfriend with me but I do have some other friends (girls) which I wouldn't mind if they weren't my friends...

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think the same, he only thinks of you as a friend, nothing romantic, girl,
look at it like this, he told you that...so don't sit around and waste anymore
time on him, at least he was upfront and honest, so move on, be his friend, once he sees you have done that, he might decide different. If your always
there and he knows you have a crush on him, well it's not a challenge, so pick yourself up and move on, I would just act like 'see what you missed out on!' Guys usually become interested in something someone else is interested in! If that happens, I would say to him, "I only like you like a brother" Give him credit for being honest, there are some that will just lead us on and on! then never really like us, like we had been hoping! Have fun, it's nothing but a game, so learn to play! Your in control of you and only you! So know what you want , and don't ever accept anything less, or you will be miserable! That is what a red flag is about, if a guy does or says something that you know in your heart is something that you don't like, take that in as a red flag! Don't ever ignore that, or think "I can change that about him!"errrrrrrrrr....wrong answer!!!You can't change anyone, and like I said you will be miserable!!!!
Take care and good luck!

Monique

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Yep
It's entirely possible for men and women to be just platonic friends without any romantic feelings involved.

I tend to get along better with men than women and in fact my very best friend is a man.
Yeah I know that but for some reason I tend to get this quite often. I am not sure what it is about me but all of my guy friends treat me like I am their little sister and just about every guy I meet does that. My former bestfriend's boyfriend introduces me, even now, as his sister. And he is a pain about it when I do meet someone I like he threatens to break their legs if they hurt me and next thing I know its back to the drawingboard. I am not really actively looking its just I tend to get treated like one of the guys and I guess its because I was raised by my dad and my uncles and I tend to be a bit of a tomboy. But I am not near as bad as I used to be. And they are always acting like I am so delicate they drive me nuts I love my friends but it feels like I am on an episode of that new tbs show My Boys

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Same here -- although I'm very pleased to have finally started developing some really good female friends too, these past few years.

mickey 14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah I'd say that is what it means, they only wanna be friends... sometimes its best!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO when a guys says that - its "I like you, but don't want to go to bed with you, marry you, etc."

I don't get the "girl" friend when you have a real girlfriend either - cause that only leads to jealousy eventually.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SO of 22 years started out like that. I could only think of him as a friend, that is until he went in the Navy and was no longer there with me nearly every waking moment. I missed him terribly, and realized what I had basically thrown away. He was in love with me from the moment we met, and settled for what he could get. It turned into a huge drama, and I was so lucky that he was still interested when I finally came to my senses. Things change, so just go on with your life and see what h appens.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right time for my .02

I have a (girl) friend, who I call my little sister and treat her like one at times. I don't know what it is. I mean she is hot, and I wouldn't have minded a piece of that action, but I would have felt creepy, icky or just plain weird.
Hard to explain, just some girls do that to a guy, and well they make very, very good friends.

Natalie_ca, said her best friend is a guy, my best friend is a girl, and lets just say, if I am ever in an accident and lose my memory, she is the only person, who knows every sordid detail about me.
(oh, no my wife)

I wouldn't take it personal, but that's just me

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Right time for my .02

I have a (girl) friend, who I call my little sister and treat her like one at times. I don't know what it is. I mean she is hot, and I wouldn't have minded a piece of that action, but I would have felt creepy, icky or just plain weird.
Hard to explain, just some girls do that to a guy, and well they make very, very good friends.
Isn't that weird having a wife??? How does your wife feel about the friend?

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

... My former bestfriend's boyfriend introduces me, even now, as his sister. And he is a pain about it when I do meet someone I like he threatens to break their legs if they hurt me and next thing I know its back to the drawingboard. ...
Hunny, when a guy goes to all that trouble, it usually means he is interested but doesn't know how to take it to the next level.

All through college all of my best friends were male. Most of them continued their friendship with me through their girlfriends and into their marraige. Once I realized they were serious with someone, I usually took them out for drinks to get to know them and let them know I am NOT a rival. Once I have made that clear, I've gotten along with all of their wives.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Isn't that weird having a wife??? How does your wife feel about the friend?
Why would it be weird having a wife?

She is jealous of all girls so what can you do? I would have next to no friends if I didn't have (girl) friends. My wife doesn't mind so much because, my "little sister" was living with me (flatmate) so they have met.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well with him I never was a rival he's not my type we aren't best friends due to her trying to cheat on him with someone I was dating but that's a whole other thread. But I was basically using him as an example. But I have an update on the guy I was really talking about its in my post about the what changed.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I think maybe some men actually have some sort of heart, and don't want to straight out tell you they aren't romantically interested, so that they can still keep you as a friend and not hurt your feelings.