or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Alcoholic Partner
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alcoholic Partner - Page 2

post #31 of 34
You have had so much great advice from everyone. I just want to agree with those who mentioned for you to go to the Al-anon meetings, you will meet other people there who have gone through some of the same things you are. Things will be tough for a while, but I think you made the right choice breaking it off with your partner. Good luck and stay strong.
post #32 of 34
Please stick to your guns and keep him out!
I have been where you are, and as hard as it is, you will be better off in the end.
You or your baby do not deserve this, and if he does not want help he will never get it.
I came out of my situation being stronger and more confident. You will be surprised how many other good things will start happening to you once you get these traits back.
My thoughts and prayers will be with you to stay strong.
post #33 of 34
Have you tried Al-Anon? Here's one of the websites. Its for people who's lives are affected by alcoholics.
I dont know if it's the best site, as there are so many. Google Al-Anon to find more.
You are a strong woman with a very tough life right now. Many of us have been through very trying times. Sometimes it feels like there is no way out. There is. Stay strong. Don't ever give up. My prayers are with you and your family.
post #34 of 34
Thread Starter 
You lot really are great. I don't feel like anyone is 'attacking me'. You are all right. 90% of the inner me knows that. I don't like the other 10%.

Going away for work next week for 3 days, so that should make me stronger not being around him. Can't wait to get away from 'reality'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Alcoholic Partner