Can't believe I forgot that in the car...

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So one of my boys have to take growth hormone shots. And the type he gets requires refrigeration. Well Wednesday afternoon I picked his script up (3 bottles). Well I forgot they were in hubby's truck till 10 mins ago. More than 2 days later. I just called the pharmacy to see if the meds are still any good or if I have to refill the script. And if I have to refill the script I hope SSI will cover it so soon after filling the last one. I should hear back in a bit. He said he had to call the company and ask. I feel like such a dummy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well they called back the medicine is useless. I have to call the doctor Monday and have them fax a letter over to the insurance people so that I can give another refill. Which really bites. Already its been a week since he had his medicine because I forgot to call in the refill. Now it will be another week at least before I get the medicine.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I guess he's glad he doesn't have a sore butt for a change... but still... yeah, that's embarassing.

I've done a lot of things like that myself, though. Like leaving eggs out on the counter after I bought them... If the perishable stuff I've ruined were as expensive as yours, I'd be kicking myself too.

jenc511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I spent a ton of time today arranging to get fish-flavored azithromycin, had to drive in horrible Friday traffic to a very congested part of downtown to get the compounded stuff, and still tried to leave it in the car. I made it up four flights of stairs before I realized and had to run back downstairs for it. As lucky as I am, the new antibiotic made the sick girl drool like a maniac, so I think I'm going to spike a little food in a syringe with it, instead of trying to give it to her straight.

Don't feel too bad. I'm pretty bad at the most obvious of things. I will try to put things that belong in the refrigerator in the microwave and leave a gallon of milk in the cupboard. I'm a whiz with some other things, so I like to think that makes up for it.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do things like that all the time, so you're not alone. I've never done it with anything that expensive...I hope your insurance will cover it.

The best was when I left a 12 pack of soda on the floor in the back seat...in the middle of summer...for a few days. I didn't think it would hurt anything. So, I driving down our road which is a dirt road and very bumpy...and they start exploding! I thought someone was shooting at me (This is West Virginia, mind you)! I about passed out, and was almost in tears when I got home.

My husband found the whole event very amusing.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I do things like that all the time, so you're not alone. I've never done it with anything that expensive...I hope your insurance will cover it.

The best was when I left a 12 pack of soda on the floor in the back seat...in the middle of summer...for a few days. I didn't think it would hurt anything. So, I driving down our road which is a dirt road and very bumpy...and they start exploding! I thought someone was shooting at me (This is West Virginia, mind you)! I about passed out, and was almost in tears when I got home.

My husband found the whole event very amusing.
I'm sorry, but this is too funny
I can just image being hunkered down driving along and wondering who is shooting. I'm glad nothing bad happened to you. But it is just too funny...

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat Mommy

I'm sorry, but this is too funny
I can just image being hunkered down driving along and wondering who is shooting. I'm glad nothing bad happened to you. But it is just too funny...
Sure, go ahead and laugh at my "near death experience"!
But that's exactly how it was...I was trying to duck as much as possible and still see over the steering wheel, trying not to hit any trees FLYING down this dirt road (which of course made MORE of them explode)...I probably looked like a madwoman! The pepsi running down the inside of the windows should have given me a clue, but my first reaction was "I've been hit! Call the medic!!"

It's really quite embarassing now.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:
I can image. I would be more worry about the soda
I love Pepsi
I would be "save the soda"! I'm sure it was fun cleaning up the sticky mess.

nightcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Sure, go ahead and laugh at my "near death experience"!
But that's exactly how it was...I was trying to duck as much as possible and still see over the steering wheel, trying not to hit any trees FLYING down this dirt road (which of course made MORE of them explode)...I probably looked like a madwoman! The pepsi running down the inside of the windows should have given me a clue, but my first reaction was "I've been hit! Call the medic!!"

It's really quite embarassing now.
That is so funny

Reminds me of the time a friend pulled a party popper on me and I fell to the ground in shock thinking I'd been shot

Ping Im sorry about the meds and hope the insurance will pay for your loss