Do You Have A Toilet Paper "Shredder" In Your Clan??

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geronimo does the toilet paper thing.
But the funny thing is, he only does it in my b/f's bathroom -- not mine!
I can leave the toilet paper on the holder where it belongs, but my b/f has to keep his on the shelf, or under the sink (which really doesn't stop Geronimo, b/c he knows how to open the door!
). The only time he rips up my TP, is when we're gone for any length of time: then I think he does it to get "revenge" b/c Meowmy's been away too long.

I used to have another cat who was a TP shredder: he'd shred it from one end of the house to another. What a mess THAT was to pick up!

Do any of y'all have a TP shredder in your clan??

KittKatt

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes we do and he does not even wait for us to take it out of the wrapper.

This is Bob. I heard something in the bathroom one day and found this.

And just the other day I woke up to a shredded roll on the bathroom floor. I don't know who did it as they were all mad at me for making them come in for the night a little early.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vash is a paper shredder, he'll even steal an entire six roll pack and drag it downstairs.

penelopecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Penny's not really a shredder. She just likes to grab the end piece and start running from room to room.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zissou will shred anything she gets ahold of, I have to keep the TP on lockdown. Which gets interesting when I have people over, usually they forget and leave it out, and then there's TP everywhere.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Zissou will shred anything she gets ahold of, I have to keep the TP on lockdown. Which gets interesting when I have people over, usually they forget and leave it out, and then there's TP everywhere.
You should have posted her pic in the big pile of TP

Look at that roll, Bob

All 5 of mine love to play with TP...shred it ..... rabbit kick it ...... play in piles of it ... and sometimes I just throw them a roll

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AsecretK

Yes we do and he does not even wait for us to take it out of the wrapper.

This is Bob. I heard something in the bathroom one day and found this.

And just the other day I woke up to a shredded roll on the bathroom floor. I don't know who did it as they were all mad at me for making them come in for the night a little early.

That's just way too funny!

We have to keep the TP on "lock-up" too - in the laundry room, in which the doors are kept closed. Geronimo will "attack" the entire pack too, unless we do. I had forgotten about that! We also have to hide the paper towels.

Unfortunately, my b/f hasn't learned his "lesson" yet, and continues to leave it where Geronimo can get to it. He's not used to having cats in the house, and has yet to be "cat trained".
I had to tell him what the "rules" are, when we got a place together: such as not leaving rubber bands, ribbons, strings, and other "deadly" objects laying around. But he's learning....

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

sometimes I just throw them a roll
Sometimes, I'll give Geronimo half a roll, just so he can get his "fix"..

~KK~

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^The Bob pictures are cute.

We keep the bathroom door shut here, people are too likely to leave the toilet lid up and I do not want the cats drinking from that.

The closest Tomas came to that was when I was drying and lining gecko cages in the living room one day. I left a roll of paper towel unattended for about a minute and came back to find it strung all over the floor.
Luckily he didn't rip it up too badly so I was still able to use it to dry with.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, Nikita is even spoiled enough so I sometimes give her a TP roll to massacre. She's so cute and happy when going after it I can't help but let her indulge now and then.

Normally it's all in lockdown though and the bathroom door is always shut.

laine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Geronimo does the toilet paper thing.
But the funny thing is, he only does it in my b/f's bathroom -- not mine!
I can leave the toilet paper on the holder where it belongs, but my b/f has to keep his on the shelf, or under the sink (which really doesn't stop Geronimo, b/c he knows how to open the door!
). The only time he rips up my TP, is when we're gone for any length of time: then I think he does it to get "revenge" b/c Meowmy's been away too long.

I used to have another cat who was a TP shredder: he'd shred it from one end of the house to another. What a mess THAT was to pick up!

Do any of y'all have a TP shredder in your clan??

KittKatt
oh yes, my kitten, Bender loves to shred toilet paper, and paper towels, (he has rage issues) lol

^Bender

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Spook is the shredder at my house, and the paper towels! Like you said,
It's when I've been gone to long and left him inside! Either that or maybe it feels good to claw it? Who knows why cats behave the way they do! Each cat I have had has a different personality! I love that about cats!
Monique

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah! Loki is the little paper shredder in my household! Fortunately, he doesn't go for it when it's still in the plastic. And he can't open the under-the-sink cabinet door where I have to keep it! I've woken up a couple of time to find murdered tp rolls ALL over the bathroom!

He doesn't go for my paper towels while the are on the counter, but a couplle of weeks ago I left one on the floor because I was waiting for the Resolve to work. I came back 10 minutes later to find both boys play-wrestling in a pile of torn-up paper towels! All I could do was laugh.

Tricia

fenleebe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Occasionally with the TP, but paper towels are the biggest victim here.
Those pictures were adorable!!

xlpooper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is a cat thing, at least they don't eat it.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xlpooper

I think it is a cat thing, at least they don't eat it.

Geronimo will eat it!
That's part of the reason why it has to be kept on lock-up! I don't think it would hurt him any, but why take any chances??

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

Each cat I have had has a different personality! I love that about cats!
Monique
Yes, that's part of their charm!!
That's part of what makes them so lovable - you never know what to expect!

~KK~

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a Kleenex shredder actually! We have to hide the tissues in a cabinet that she can't open!

Here is Layla in the act!

I know you see me but I'm not going to stop!

This is so much fun!