Question of the Day - September 7th!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
how long does it take you to get ready? From the time you wake up till you walk out the door.

It depends on how late I wake up
like today I was out of the house in 25 minutes and that includes a shower!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
3 hours!

I wake up, feed the dog and the cats, clean up the litterboxes, wash their dishes. Then my turn to take a shower, cook and eat my breakfast, brush my teeth, dress up and put makeup. I'm out of the house by 9 a.m

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do not like to be rushed so ...... it can take me hours ..... literally.......... and sometimes days

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just over an hour. That includes feeding, petting, playing peek-a-boo in the shower w/ Luna and chasing Whitey around (he loves it).

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't work at the moment so whenever I *have* to go somewhere it's when John wants to go somewhere on weekends. I get up, shower, get dressed, feed and walk dogs, feed cats, wake John up and I'm ready to go... all within about 20-30 minutes. But then John takes forever to wake up and get ready so it's probably another 30-45 minutes or longer before we can go.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

It depends on how late I wake up
like today I was out of the house in 25 minutes and that includes a shower!
...you pass under the shower like this...

very fast my friend!

I think the same time for me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
those 25 minutes today included taking the dog out and changing 3 waterbowls
I don't feed wet in the morning and they have dry out all the time. and getting ready in the morning involves dodging and hurdling about 10 cats

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because I get up so early, I take my shower/bath the nite before. So I can get up, dressed and out the door in 15/20 mins at the most.

That's a normal time for almost any day. If I include the shower - add 10/15 mins to that.

DH is the one that feeds the dog/cats their breakfast.....I do the supper time and litter pan in the evening.

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I usually get up about 2 hours before I need to leave because I like to relax while I eat breakfast and play with Layla. And of course shower and get dressed!!

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can be out of the house in 1/2 hour. Of course it usually helps if my daughter cooperates!
(yikes, now everyone knows how much primping I do not do!!)

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't go anywhere

If I'm going to run errands (usually 2-3 times a month), I shower the night before, then it takes me about 20 minutes to get out the door.
Having next to no hair makes things go so much faster.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
About an hour but not doing stuff for myself./ I have to get Ari up and ready to go to the baby sitters and take care of all the foster kittens. Getting myself dressed and ready only takes 5-10 minutes.

piersol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
10 minutes max.

I get up at 6:45, have to be punched in at work at 7:00. It sure is nice living 4 blocks away from work in a small town with no stoplights or trafic

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually wake up an hour earlier than the kids, so i have some time for myself. If i'm in a hurry I can shower get dressed and out in 15 minutes, If I have to do the girls hair, it takes about 30- 45 minutes

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. The biggest part of my morning is usually the commute. I'll wake up at 7:00, leave by 7:25 and get to work by 8:00.
BUt If I want to do my hair, it takes a bit longer.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends upon what I have to do! If it's the "whole works" (i.e., shower, do hair, make-up, etc.) then about 2-3 hours. If I'm running late and only have time for a quick wash-up and getting dressed, then about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. This also includes morning litter-box duty, and feeding the cats their breakfast...

KittKatt

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sooo embaressed i'm admitting this but here goes- i am NOT a morning person. Yet i have to be at work by 7 every morning. SO normally i wake up between 6:30- 6:45 depending on how tired i am and I have to be out the door by 6:50- so depending on the morning - i can be ready and out the door in 5 minutes
How bad is that
I eat a cereal bar on the way to work when i get stuck at the stop lights and put on my make up in the parking lot or at red lights.

Now if it's for anything other than work - a party, dinner/ etc....i usually take 30 min to about an hour- that includes showering, hair, make up, getting dressed /etc.