soon to be fur mamma of 2

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi
We will be bringing home two babies sometime in early October.

These are my brothers cats kittens. He saved a stray and brought her home when she was a baby.
She got out and got herself pregnant so we are happy to take two of the 4 she had. To hard for me to just take one. Better to have a sibling come along.

I am reading 8-12 weeks is the ideal time to bring them to their new home.
Is this right? They were born on August 21st.

Also does it matter the sex of the two I take?
Should they both be the same sex?

I have one question I posted about in the lounge- other than that I have no other question's right now

Thanks!

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say hello and welcome to TCS!
Usually same sex littermates will be fine. Many here say that if they're not related, get male and female, but since these are littermates, I don't see a problem.
Of course, I have all females, and only two are related (mother & daughter shelter kitties).

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS!

As long as they get spayed and neutered, the sex of the kittens shouldn't be a problem...any combination will do!
The kittens should be at least 10-12 weeks, optimally.

If you have any questions as you find your way around the site, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I'll be happy to help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank everyone!
Will post pics soon..I have them on my cell but they are so expensive to send to my email!
Let me take my digital camera with me when we go see them tomorrow...

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just went to see them and the mamma actually had all boys so 2 boys it is for me!
I cannot wait.... they are so precious!
Waiting to get my posts built up to post a picture!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to the forum. It's always exciting to bring home new babies. Cat breeders in Australia won't let kittens go to their new homes until 12 weeks old & spayed/neutered. Is your brother used to having cats on heat? I was told by the vet when I 1st took Blossom to them that females, once they come on heat, are on heat continuously until they mate. That means a lot of yowling etc. I didn't want to take that chance so had Blossom fixed at 5 mths. She was dumped & my son found her at 3 weeks so she didn't have the benefit of learning to be a cat from her mum & siblings.
Anyway, good luck & have those gorgeous little boys fixed before they learn to spray around the house, which I believe they start to do when they'e going thru puberty.

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I've got a question, are they all white or only two are white?
Natalie
welll...

there are 3 white including my two boys and one dark brown orange..

This third white baby has some very faint black on his head we just noticed today-we were not sure if it was black fur coming or maybe dirt (my brother is a mechanic-animal lover through and through-but has dirty hands 24-7 even with washing)-but they cannot even crawl out of the bed yet so ...we are not sure. It is so very faint and when I looked at it today it was not even black at the root. I almost think it was dirt
I should have wet my finger and tried to wipe it or with a wet towel but I did not want to mess with the babies too long.

I had thoughts of taking the 3rd too today but..2 are going to be plenty for me now...

\t

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh..fwiw..Mamma is a beautiful grey with some awesome brown and black markings-very slight but just gorgeous!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some white cats do have smudges of grey on their heads. They are more often yellow/green eyed than blue. I am secretly hoping your two turn out to be blue eyed!
My two girls are blue eyed.

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Some white cats do have smudges of grey on their heads. They are more often yellow/green eyed than blue. I am secretly hoping your two turn out to be blue eyed!
My two girls are blue eyed.
Oh they would be SOOO beautiful with blue eyes...wouldn't they with blue eyes?...

Mamma cat (Sheryl) has very beautiful gold eyes- reminds me of Christmas when I look at her eyes.

*sigh* dreamy..

ok speaking of dreaming..I am off for some of my own ...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, blue eyed beauties are my love. If you don't mind the hijack, here are my two girls:

Ophelia Rose

Twitch

Hijack over!

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ahhhh!!
They are gorgeous!!!!!

thank you for sharing!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & Welcome!

Hope everything goes well with your kittens! Update us all on when you get them!

We can't wait to see pictures
Best Wishes!