Back from the E-Vet...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man did we just have a night. Here's how it all went down. I walked into my apartment to a mess of black silk and padding. Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds decided to eat my bra. Not being a full figured girl, we were scared that my shaggy black boy ingested some of it, so we had to shove him in the cat box and take him to the vet.

Now at the vets all that was listed on his chart was, "animal may have ingested foreign object." So when the vet walked in the room and didn't see a Lab he was rather shocked. Scratch was X-rayed, looked at, poked, prodded, had a thermometer shoved up his bum, and was deemed "Just Fine".

Now I'm out $350 and my best bra.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad they saw nothing bad but $$ wise

mikex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, now that you know he is OK, you should be "uplifted".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Glad they saw nothing bad but $$ wise
I'm more upset about the bra than the money. I'm happy as I can be that he's fine, but I'm a little miffed that he chose my best one to eat.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Oh man did we just have a night. Here's how it all went down. I walked into my apartment to a mess of black silk and padding. Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds decided to eat my bra. Not being a full figured girl, we were scared that my shaggy black boy ingested some of it, so we had to shove him in the cat box and take him to the vet.

Now at the vets all that was listed on his chart was, "animal may have ingested foreign object." So when the vet walked in the room and didn't see a Lab he was rather shocked. Scratch was X-rayed, looked at, poked, prodded, had a thermometer shoved up his bum, and was deemed "Just Fine".

Now I'm out $350 and my best bra.

Sratch...
... meowmy's silk bra's are not play toys...

Don't feel bad.. I had to rush Jake to the vet once and have him x-rayed just to find out he had eaten a pair of my.. err.. um... stringy panties

They induced vomiting and held him for 48 hours and retrieved a partial pair of my VS Angels.... $628... yes, I asked for them back. It is still the most expensive pair of underwear I had bought... and I only buy Wal-mart panties now.

ETA: I forgot to mention, not only did they find part of my underwear, they found a piece of a guitar pick and purple play-doh

We crated him after that when we would leave.
Ahh... the joys of getting a puppy

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be a bit frustrated too if one of my kitties ate my best bra! Glad to hear your cat was alright but you better tell him he owes you double the lovin'.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They always do pick your best to murder dont they? Glad he is okay!
My moms best friends dachshund ate a pair of her panties and had to have surgery to remove them... silly aminals!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mikex

Well, now that you know he is OK, you should be "uplifted".

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Boy has got taste, doesn't he?
Yes he does.... I'll never understand it. He always wants to destroy the most expensive stuff I own.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think he had a little prodding from the gray guy. What better way to get his revenge and not get into trouble.

I'm glad our little dunce is doing ok.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phew - glad he's ok but I have to laugh at his choice of 'foreign body' to ingest
Could have been very embarrassing at the vets!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I think he had a little prodding from the gray guy. What better way to get his revenge and not get into trouble.

I'm glad our little dunce is doing ok.
He did get really excited about it. When we came home he ran over to the pile and showed it to us.

This is what I imagine his inner monologue, "Meowmy! Purrpa! Look! I did a good thing right? Why am I in this box? NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't wanna go! No vet no vet no vet!"

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

That was my first thought. 8-Bit keeps his current halo, and gets you back for stealing his 'nana all at the same time.

I wonder what he paid Scratch to get into all that trouble?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

That was my first thought. 8-Bit keeps his current halo, and gets you back for stealing his 'nana all at the same time.

It certainly sounds like they plotted against you. Is 8-Bit the real culprit here?

I'm glad your little destroyer is OK!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I'm sure it involved freeze dried meat treats.