TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Back from the E-Vet...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Back from the E-Vet...

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Oh man did we just have a night. Here's how it all went down. I walked into my apartment to a mess of black silk and padding. Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds decided to eat my bra. Not being a full figured girl, we were scared that my shaggy black boy ingested some of it, so we had to shove him in the cat box and take him to the vet.

Now at the vets all that was listed on his chart was, "animal may have ingested foreign object." So when the vet walked in the room and didn't see a Lab he was rather shocked. Scratch was X-rayed, looked at, poked, prodded, had a thermometer shoved up his bum, and was deemed "Just Fine".

Now I'm out $350 and my best bra.


post #2 of 17
Glad they saw nothing bad but $$ wise
post #3 of 17
Well, now that you know he is OK, you should be "uplifted".

post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Glad they saw nothing bad but $$ wise
I'm more upset about the bra than the money. I'm happy as I can be that he's fine, but I'm a little miffed that he chose my best one to eat.
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
Oh man did we just have a night. Here's how it all went down. I walked into my apartment to a mess of black silk and padding. Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds decided to eat my bra. Not being a full figured girl, we were scared that my shaggy black boy ingested some of it, so we had to shove him in the cat box and take him to the vet.

Now at the vets all that was listed on his chart was, "animal may have ingested foreign object." So when the vet walked in the room and didn't see a Lab he was rather shocked. Scratch was X-rayed, looked at, poked, prodded, had a thermometer shoved up his bum, and was deemed "Just Fine".

Now I'm out $350 and my best bra.



Sratch...... meowmy's silk bra's are not play toys...

Don't feel bad.. I had to rush Jake to the vet once and have him x-rayed just to find out he had eaten a pair of my.. err.. um... stringy panties

They induced vomiting and held him for 48 hours and retrieved a partial pair of my VS Angels.... $628... yes, I asked for them back. It is still the most expensive pair of underwear I had bought... and I only buy Wal-mart panties now.

ETA: I forgot to mention, not only did they find part of my underwear, they found a piece of a guitar pick and purple play-doh
We crated him after that when we would leave.
Ahh... the joys of getting a puppy
post #6 of 17
I would be a bit frustrated too if one of my kitties ate my best bra! Glad to hear your cat was alright but you better tell him he owes you double the lovin'.
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikex View Post
Well, now that you know he is OK, you should be "uplifted".

post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikex View Post
Well, now that you know he is OK, you should be "uplifted".

post #9 of 17
They always do pick your best to murder dont they? Glad he is okay!
My moms best friends dachshund ate a pair of her panties and had to have surgery to remove them... silly aminals!
post #10 of 17
Boy has got taste, doesn't he?
post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikex View Post
Well, now that you know he is OK, you should be "uplifted".



Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Boy has got taste, doesn't he?
Yes he does.... I'll never understand it. He always wants to destroy the most expensive stuff I own.
post #12 of 17
I think he had a little prodding from the gray guy. What better way to get his revenge and not get into trouble.

I'm glad our little dunce is doing ok.
post #13 of 17
Phew - glad he's ok but I have to laugh at his choice of 'foreign body' to ingest Could have been very embarrassing at the vets!
post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
I think he had a little prodding from the gray guy. What better way to get his revenge and not get into trouble.

I'm glad our little dunce is doing ok.
He did get really excited about it. When we came home he ran over to the pile and showed it to us.

This is what I imagine his inner monologue, "Meowmy! Purrpa! Look! I did a good thing right? Why am I in this box? NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't wanna go! No vet no vet no vet!"
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
I think he had a little prodding from the gray guy. What better way to get his revenge and not get into trouble.


That was my first thought. 8-Bit keeps his current halo, and gets you back for stealing his 'nana all at the same time.

I wonder what he paid Scratch to get into all that trouble?
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
That was my first thought. 8-Bit keeps his current halo, and gets you back for stealing his 'nana all at the same time.

I wonder what he paid Scratch to get into all that trouble?


It certainly sounds like they plotted against you. Is 8-Bit the real culprit here?

I'm glad your little destroyer is OK!
post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post


That was my first thought. 8-Bit keeps his current halo, and gets you back for stealing his 'nana all at the same time.

I wonder what he paid Scratch to get into all that trouble?
I'm sure it involved freeze dried meat treats.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Back from the E-Vet...