Bad Customer Service - Part 2...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok almost 2 weeks ago I had a really bad experience with a certain fast food restaurant.
Link here: http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthr...stomer+Service
Anyways, I finally got in touch with the District Manager and told him about the $3.00 coupon they sent me. He was appauled by it and sent me $30 in coupons so I could go to ANY of the restaurants chains.

So tonight I decided I didn't want to cook and would go there.

Well, I placed my order and the cashier looked at me like I had 2 heads when I handed her the coupons. I told her "I got them from a district manager "
She went to her supervisor and was given the ok to take them.

Well, there was an elderly lady in front of us who was waiting for her order. Well, 20 mins later, her and I BOTH are still standing there.

When they gave her the order it was wrong! It took another 20 mins for them to prepare mine and correct hers

Then when they gave me my order, I decided to check it. As I walked away the guy behind me said "You better double check it" and I did.

You got it...... it was wrong!!!!!!

I went up to the cashier and told her it was not right and I AGAIN had items missing!
She took my reciept and checked, and came back saying "Oh, we only have 2 corns left." I was about livid!!!
I told her "Why didn't you tell me this instead of not giving it to me at all?"
She just looked at me with a straight face an said "I didn't think you'd notice it missing".

I said "well, I did so I want it substituted with okra....... you have that right?"
Her: "oh yeah. Hold on"
She came back. No okra.
By this time I just want to go home so I tell her I want Mac n Cheese.. So she tells the other guy behind the counter and he reaches in a drawer and hands me 2 containers of NASTY burnt mac n cheese

I said "no thanks... Give me my money back for the corn. This is ridiculous!"
So by this time the manager came out and says "Lady, you got this meal for free in the first place. What else do you want?"
OMG! I about slapped her!
I literally shoved the Mac n Cheese at her across the counter and said "I would like to go to at least ONE of your restaurants and get a decent meal served by someone who has half a brain and a tad of customer service skills"
I grabbed what food I did have and walked out!

I'm telling ya'll..... Customer service is going DOWN THE TUBES!!!!

I am writing the company and DEMANDING my money back. I don't want coupons, or gift certificates.... I want my MONEY back!!

What really saddens me is I grew up right down the road from where this restaurant was founded.

fiftyfour

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wowzers... I've faced some pretty bad customer service in my life, but I think that one has to win a prize.

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another reason not to eat fast food-besides the fact it's bad for you-the idiots that prepare & serve it!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with shopcat. I try to avoid FFs like they're the plague because of the lack of customer service skills they demonstrate. It amazes me the number of times people complain (2-3 visits per week, all bad) and still keep going back.

Sometimes its the age of the people working there too. High schoolers are learning customer service for the first time and don't know or understand how to handle certain situations.

However you would hope that the manager had some mature skills, which sounds like she or he didn't. I would definitely write the DM again in regards to your experience. If you're getting your food for free, there's a reason and they should be brown nosing you like no tomorrow.

Oh you'll like this though. One night I went to a FF known for fried chicken....and they were out of the chicken
both the cashier and I were laughing our heads off. I was like "How do you NOT have chicken at [nameofplace]?" He said that the manager forgot to order it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ShopCat

Another reason not to eat fast food-besides the fact it's bad for you-the idiots that prepare & serve it!!
Yeap!
What makes me mad too is this location is usually VERY good about thier service. We've been going in there for years.
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I agree with shopcat. I try to avoid FFs like they're the plague because of the lack of customer service skills they demonstrate. It amazes me the number of times people complain (2-3 visits per week, all bad) and still keep going back.

Sometimes its the age of the people working there too. High schoolers are learning customer service for the first time and don't know or understand how to handle certain situations.

However you would hope that the manager had some mature skills, which sounds like she or he didn't. I would definitely write the DM again in regards to your experience. If you're getting your food for free, there's a reason and they should be brown nosing you like no tomorrow.

Oh you'll like this though. One night I went to a FF known for fried chicken....and they were out of the chicken
both the cashier and I were laughing our heads off. I was like "How do you NOT have chicken at [nameofplace]?" He said that the manager forgot to order it.
I believe it! They are employing teenagers who really don't care about thier jobs. It's a shame sometimes too because these kids will be running our corporate worlds someday

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also avoid fast food places because of the lousy service that you receive. It seems the bigger the company the less training is given to their counter and service staff.
I guess when you serve literally thousands and thousands of customers daily you can afford to neglect the fundamentals, like good service, ethical business practices, and pride in your product. Standards have most definitely suffered over the couple of decades.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

I also avoid fast food places because of the lousy service that you receive. It seems the bigger the company the less training is given to their counter and service staff.
I guess when you serve literally thousands and thousands of customers daily you can afford to neglect the fundamentals, like good service, ethical business practices, and pride in your product. Standards have most definitely suffered over the couple of decades.
You're right.. they have.

I remember when I worked Fast Food if you messed up someone's order, it came out of YOUR paycheck

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

You're right.. they have.

I remember when I worked Fast Food if you messed up someone's order, it came out of YOUR paycheck
Wow I didn't know they did that for fast food. I know when I waitressed at a few of the big chain places, if your table walked out without paying, it came out of your tips... which, I mean, if you caused them to walk out (bad service, etc) then I understand that... but if you have a table of kids that think walkng out without paying is funny, why should it come out of my $3.25/hr + tips? At that amount it's seriously hard to swallow an $80 check especially when it's not the servers fault.

Erm, sorry... hit a sore spot

Right, back to the point... it amazes me how much customer service has gone by the wayside especially with how much businesses tout it as a selling point of their company

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

Wow I didn't know they did that for fast food. I know when I waitressed at a few of the big chain places, if your table walked out without paying, it came out of your tips... which, I mean, if you caused them to walk out (bad service, etc) then I understand that... but if you have a table of kids that think walkng out without paying is funny, why should it come out of my $3.25/hr + tips? At that amount it's seriously hard to swallow an $80 check especially when it's not the servers fault.

Erm, sorry... hit a sore spot

Right, back to the point... it amazes me how much customer service has gone by the wayside especially with how much businesses tout it as a selling point of their company
That's why I can't work in the food industry. I am woman enough to admit that if I had a RUDE customer, I'd spit in their food!
I have WAY too much of a temper