Can I ask some vibes for my SIL in labor please?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is in labor, and there have been complications. This is her first baby, but she had a tubal pregnancy a few years ago, and the doctor told her she probably will never have a baby because of the scarring. So, this is basically a miracle. But, she developed diabetes (which I know is common) and she also has thyroid problems. She wasn't due until later in the month but they decided to induce labor today because of the diabetes and stress on her body.

MIL just called (she is at the hospital with her) to tell us her blood pressure suddenly dropped drastically. They did get her stabilized, but we're still worried because they don't know why it dropped. They also broke her water this morning at 10:30, and it is now 9:20pm. I've never had a child so neither DH or I know if this will cause problems or not since it's been so long.

Any vibes or prayers you guys could send would be appreciated. We aren't panicing, but are concerned. Oh, the baby is a boy and his name is Jaxson. Thanks!!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SIL went thru the exact same thing and did fine. My nephew is meaner than a black snake tho.....Prayers and vibes that everything turns out fine!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending positive vibes. Rupturing the membranes is not unusual, it is one way to help trigger labor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Sending positive vibes. Rupturing the membranes is not unusual, it is one way to help trigger labor.
But, since they ruptured it almost 12 hours ago, is that going to cause problems? Wouldn't that make it harder? Like I said, we've never had kids, so I'm kind of clueless about it, but isn't that called a dry birth? And, is it good for the baby?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Thanks everyone!

But, since they ruptured it almost 12 hours ago, is that going to cause problems? Wouldn't that make it harder? Like I said, we've never had kids, so I'm kind of clueless about it, but isn't that called a dry birth? And, is it good for the baby?
They will monitor mom for any signs of fever, and monitor the fetal heartrate, which will show if there is any distress. No, 12 hours later for a primip is not unusual
It's hard to wait for news, isn't it? I was awful when waiting for one friend's call, and ended up calling her at the hospital..to the amusement of the father to be

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

They will monitor mom for any signs of fever, and monitor the fetal heartrate, which will show if there is any distress. No, 12 hours later for a primip is not unusual
It's hard to wait for news, isn't it? I was awful when waiting for one friend's call, and ended up calling her at the hospital..to the amusement of the father to be
Thank you so much for the reassuance! I'm basically a worried aunt.
She wants this baby so much, especially since she was told she wouldn't be able to have children. I'm probably more freaked out than she is since she gets all the good drugs!

Waiting for the call is nerve wracking!

nightcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope everything is ok with your sister and the baby,I'll be sending a lot of good healthy delivery vibes for both of them and a couple for you to
I think you need them
Hope you get the good news soon

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She finally had her baby at 1:42am!
6 lbs,10 oz. Mother and baby are doing just fine. I'm officially an aunt!!! Thank you everyone for your thoughts and vibes. I know I probably over-reacted...I have a tendency to do that

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

She finally had her baby at 1:42am!
6 lbs,10 oz. Mother and baby are doing just fine. I'm officially an aunt!!! Thank you everyone for your thoughts and vibes. I know I probably over-reacted...I have a tendency to do that
Congratulations! I didn't think you were over-reacting