Siblings......

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trixie23 gave me an idea for a thread...

Do you have any siblings?
Are you the oldest? Youngest? Middle?
Are you close to them?

I have a brother and 2 sisters. They are 8, 9, and 11yrs older then me

Im close to my brother who is 11yrs older then me but I don't talk to my sisters
.. they are all in Kentucky

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am one of two. My brother is 2 years younger than me. When we lived together at mom and dad's we almost NEVER got along. But, now that I have lived away for over a year he realizes he misses me, and we've started hanging out. We get along OK these days.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 1 brother 15 months older, I am very close to
2 sisters, one two years younger, I call her my blister , she is mean to everyone, nobody gets along with her, I adore my baby sister she is 5 years younger than me

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a younger sister. She is 7 years younger than me. We don't really get along to well because she is just becoming a teenager and is at that point where she only wants to be around her friends. I am sure we will become better friends in the future.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one brother and one sister.

They are both older so I`m the baby and do they ever use it to their advantage?!
When they are together they are a nightmare for teasing me and often have a good laugh at my expense

My sister and I fell out for 10 years and my brother always bullied me when we lived at home but now we are all grown up and very close
Infact I was on the phone to my sister this evening for an hour and a half

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one Sister and she's 12 years older than me.
At times she acts more like my Mother than my Sister and that drives me CRAZY!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the youngest in my family. I have an older brother who is 12 years older then I am. I have 2 sisters one who is 10 years older then me the other is 9 years older then me.

As you can see from the age differences I was indeed a bit of a surprise for my parents...they did agree I was a surprise, but a mother was fond of telling a nice surprise.

I don't see my brothers and sisters to often but do keep in contact with them regularly.

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One brother who is almost 3 years older than me. He is sixteen and I am fourteen, cuz his birthday is in October. Sometimes we get along great, I mean super! And then other times he starts cussing or he'll bop Zoey on the head for something she did wrong and that REALLY upsets me and he won't apologize for it or anything. Sometimes he just teases me about things that aren't silly, they are infuriating, and really touchy subjects, and he thinks it's funny. But sometimes we are terriffic... Haha it depends on the day I guess.

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Short Version: I'm the 2nd oldest of 5 siblings that are each 2 years apart. Then we acquired 4 more siblings (steps) through my mom's 5th marriage. Those fit in between all of us making us each 1 year apart and putting me in 3rd place. I am very very close to all but 2 of the step siblings. I used to be very close to those two as well, but because of distance and their aversion to electronic communication and phones, we don't get to talk much. When we see eachother, it's like we never spent a day apart.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the youngest of 3. Bro is 16 years older, sis is 11 years older. I have a nephew that is 11 years younger than I am. I'm close to my brother and my nephew (he's more like a little brother to me), but we were adults when my brother and I really became friends.

My sister is less easy to get along with, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with being sisters...I think it's more about her crappy world view and perma-victim complex.
She takes anyone else's happiness as a personal affront.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two older half-sisters from my dad's two previous marriages.

The oldest is something like 25 years older than me and I've never met her, I have a general idea of where she lives and I actually met her family while we were camping there but still have not met her. From her I have two nephews, one of which is older than me

The next half-sister is 16 years older than me. We're not very close but I'd have to say I'm closer to her than either of the others. I have an awesome niece and nephew from her.

And my "full" sister is 10 years younger than me. She's very spoiled and we don't get along at all.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 younger brothers

I am the oldest- 22
I have a younger brother who is 19, and another brother who is 15.

We used to NEVER get along when I lived at home, but now that I've been moved out for a few years, we're all 3 extremely best friends

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have one sister - we were not close for a long long time due to my ex being verabally/emotionally abusive to me and keeping me away from my family.

We are a lot closer now for the past year and hope to stay that way! I'm 2 yrs older then her.

My DH is from a family of 10 (1/2 brothers, step brothers, and natural brothers/sisters! DH is towards the younger ones, but not the youngest

I've met all his brother/sisters except one and that's a step brother who he told me its not worth meeting

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I am the first twin posting!!
I have a twin sis younger than me by eight minutes.
We have lived in different states for over 20 yrs but see each other at least once/yr-I'm due for a visit to her. We email and talk quite frequently.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One brother, older, whereabouts unknown. That's a great idea for a thread, btw. Sure hope you and your sisters do get back talking -- I care for my dad, who's elderly and estranged from his younger brother for many years, and it breaks my heart to see them off in their own corners, not communicating. I try to get them together, but no dice. One of these days, sadly, it will be too late. And then, the regrets will start.

Like my mom (may she have peace!) used to say, "I want my flowers while I can smell 'em!" and that applies to friendships and family ties, as well, shouldn't it?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One brother a year older and a sis 3 years younger ......

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 older half brothers, 1 older stepbrother, 2 older step sisters, 1 older adopted sister (deceased) and 1 younger half brother.

Ages range between 35 and 65.

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No siblings, I'm the oldest and the youngest lol.

One thing I am and have always been grateful for.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two half-sisters and one half-brother

Sister #1 is 16 years old
Sister #2 is 15 years old
Brother is 12 years old

I am 30, so I feel more like an aunt since I never got a long opportunity to live at home with them. But I'm closest with Sister #2, my mom's other daughter. The others are my dad's.