I got my tattoo

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got it last night. It hurt soooo bad but I love it. I don't quite understand why around the letters isn't tattooed though. Should it be, or is it usually left?

Anyways, heres a picture. I will get a better one when my boyfriend gets home, its just very hard to take a picture of your back.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks good!
But yeah, I'm confused as to why it's not filled in either

Since the yellow is a lighter color then the name, I assume they should have just went over it.. at least they did on mine

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am surprised your artist did not explain why they did that. I know when I had mine done he explained and waited for me to ok everything he did.

Other than the artist telling you I have no idea why they would have done it that way. Unless they thought it would be to painful for you to have the do the color over the letters or the letters over the color.

Either way I would be doing back tomorrow and ask the artist why they did that. And that you want the rest of the banner colored in. Chances are he won't charge (or charge you much to make it the way you like it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

I am surprised your artist did not explain why they did that. I know when I had mine done he explained and waited for me to ok everything he did.

Other than the artist telling you I have no idea why they would have done it that way. Unless they thought it would be to painful for you to have the do the color over the letters or the letters over the color.

Either way I would be doing back tomorrow and ask the artist why they did that. And that you want the rest of the banner colored in. Chances are he won't charge (or charge you much to make it the way you like it.
He didn't say anything about it. I didn't realize that it wasn't coloured in until after I had left and they were closed. I don't want to go back and get it filled in anytime soon. That hurt way too bad. I will get it filled in eventually.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

He didn't say anything about it. I didn't realize that it wasn't coloured in until after I had left and they were closed. I don't want to go back and get it filled in anytime soon. That hurt way too bad. I will get it filled in eventually.
Just a little advice, I would go back asap ( I know it hurts) but if you wait the skin is less capable of taking the ink. It actually becomes kind of a scar and won't hold the ink and it will scab up. Plus, if you wait too long, the yellow will be brighter then the other colors and they may not be willing to do it for free. I think within the first month or so they will do it for free.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, it looks great. It's a touching tribute.
The non colored part was probably just the artist. He/she might have been trying to fade it out, which usually looks great, but with yellow it's really hard to do!
My tattoo hurt like ^%$& but for some reason I just want more and more! Watch out they're addictive!!!

missourigrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love it! What a beautiful tattoo and tribute to your father!
I'm not sure about the shading, I don't have any tattoos, but I think it would look better filled in. Hopefully they'll fix it for you.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks great- but I dont undertstand why they didnt color in over the DAD part of it?
I would go in ASAP and get it done (they will do it for free) before the color fades & you'll have a bright yellow spot with the other faded yellow color. Plus, it doesnt look like that big of a spot so it wont take more than 5 minutes to do I'm assuming.

But, if your gonna wait, thats your choice, just know that it will fade and your best bet is to definately go in before it starts to scab over!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jarvis

Wow, it looks great. It's a touching tribute.
The non colored part was probably just the artist. He/she might have been trying to fade it out, which usually looks great, but with yellow it's really hard to do!
My tattoo hurt like ^%$& but for some reason I just want more and more! Watch out they're addictive!!!
I know they are addictive.
After my first one, I wanted another but I waited over 2 years to get my second. My first one only took about 3 minutes and barely hurt because its just the leo symbol. This one took like 45 minutes and hurt really bad.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

It looks great- but I dont undertstand why they didnt color in over the DAD part of it?
I would go in ASAP and get it done (they will do it for free) before the color fades & you'll have a bright yellow spot with the other faded yellow color. Plus, it doesnt look like that big of a spot so it wont take more than 5 minutes to do I'm assuming.

But, if your gonna wait, thats your choice, just know that it will fade and your best bet is to definately go in before it starts to scab over!
Maybe I will go in on Monday. It is the next time that I can go in since I went to a different city.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

Maybe I will go in on Monday. It is the next time that I can go in since I went to a different city.
I think thats your best bet. That, or they might tell you to wait until it does scab over in case there are any spots that you want to touch up afterwards.

Is this your first tattoo?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I think thats your best bet. That, or they might tell you to wait until it does scab over in case there are any spots that you want to touch up afterwards.

Is this your first tattoo?
Its my second. My first one is just small. It's the leo symbol.

Originally Posted by Leto86

Looks good.

Where did you get it done at?
Way Cool Tattoos in Woodstock. I was going to go to Craving Ink here in Tillsonburg but I had people saying not to.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, as Dixie _Darlin and Babyharley have said- don't wait if you plan on filling it in. The skin will reject the color
been there , done that

I really like it! The birds are beautifully done
A very lovely tribute

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I loove it!!! I too wonder why the yellow part wasnt colore in

And btw, where did you get it at?(body part)
Its on my left shoulder.