Other cats interrupting

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sometimes when I leave the house my cat likes to stay outside in the small garden and when he's there some other cats come and mess up with him
I don't like to see that happens, and I wonder how can I tell those cats to go away without hurting them of course? they're cute as well but I cannot take care of all of them....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

How come you don't have your cat indoors when your gone? It's much safer that way. I never let PHX outdoors without supervision. Of course, this is up to you- just a suggestion.
I looove him so much but cannot shut him in such a small place... he wants some air, it's not educating him to go outside if you know what I mean

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arie85

I looove him so much but cannot shut him in such a small place... he wants some air, it's not educating him to go outside if you know what I mean
What I am about to say is not to be mean at all, it's just suggesting my point of view. *hugs*

I DON'T let my cat outside unsupervised BECAUSE I love him so much. I'll let him out to wander around a bit if i'm outside, but if I go inside- he goes inside. There are too many dangerous things out there for a cat. If you let him out there unsupervised you have to expect cat fights, fleas, him getting lost, maybe hit by cars, etc. I wouldn't want that for my cat. Try investing in activities for him to do while your away. Lots of toys and cat trees. Put a cat tree in front of the window so he can see out.... there are many options.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't let my cats out either.. It's just not safe..

I live in the country, and my girls could go out, and play and stuff, but there so many dangers.

I'm not sure how you can get other cats to go away, maybe just shoo them like you would a dog??

I wouldn't let them out unless your with them.

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

I don't let my cats out either.. It's just not safe..

I live in the country, and my girls could go out, and play and stuff, but there so many dangers.

I'm not sure how you can get other cats to go away, maybe just shoo them like you would a dog??

I wouldn't let them out unless your with them.
I understand, totally understand, it's just not easy

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats great that your cat gets fresh air & loves to be outside.

Just so you know your cat is safe - either get an enclosure that you know he can't get out of or keep him inside while your gone. If you keep him inside, make a special area for him (if you haven't already), even if it is just a corner. Give him some soft stuff like pillows, blankets, toys...fun stuff he'd be interested in.

You don't have to feel guilty about leaving him inside as long as you know he has activities. When you do want him to go outside, you could both spend time in the garden & make it a special thing between you two. Its just not safe for him to be outside alone. That wouldn't be good if anything happened to him while he was outside & you were gone...

Either way - its all up to you

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katz4Life

Thats great that your cat gets fresh air & loves to be outside.

Just so you know your cat is safe - either get an enclosure that you know he can't get out of or keep him inside while your gone. If you keep him inside, make a special area for him (if you haven't already), even if it is just a corner. Give him some soft stuff like pillows, blankets, toys...fun stuff he'd be interested in.

You don't have to feel guilty about leaving him inside as long as you know he has activities. When you do want him to go outside, you could both spend time in the garden & make it a special thing between you two. Its just not safe for him to be outside alone. That wouldn't be good if anything happened to him while he was outside & you were gone...

Either way - its all up to you

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
most of mine go outside, if im going out they have to come in and at nights aswell before it gets dark they are all in. there always in and out throughout the day and iv never had any problems fingers crossed.
when you go out, make sure he has some toys to play with and a scratching post, and a nice comfy bed/pillow/blanket. he will be ok while you go out , and if anything was to happen outside while you was gone you wouldnt know about it untill it was to late.