Avoderm & By Nature??

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just found these foods that are new to Petsmart. Right now I feed Blue Spa dry to supplement my Meow Mix pouches. Does anyone know about the Avoderm or the By Nature? I am really trying to hone in on the best food to taste good, be healthy, and help the boys lose a little weight.

Thanks!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Avoderm is CORN filled and I am still unsure about avacado ... some of the wets are good

By nature is too grainy for me but it is in line with Blue spa.... the canned is great and many like the pouches

fenleebe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Avoderm is CORN filled and I am still unsure about avacado ...
Ditto corn and ditto the avocado. I know I have read before that avocado is toxic for cats, but can't seem to find that now.

I have fed the canned By Nature Organics Chicken a few times and they loved it. Stinks to all high heaven, so that's probably why. I am not as impressed with their dry foods and not a single one of my 5 liked the pouch. And, they eat almost everything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Boy am I stupid! I already bought a small bag of each. I guess I'll just use them up and then stick with the Blue Spa. I should have done my research first and read the ingredients! I guess you can't assume that just because it's in the special section that it's good.

Thanks for the advice!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by greenvillegal

Boy am I stupid! I already bought a small bag of each. I guess I'll just use them up and then stick with the Blue Spa. I should have done my research first and read the ingredients! I guess you can't assume that just because it's in the special section that it's good.

Thanks for the advice!
remember in the "special section " is also pro plan s natural s with wheat gluten in a dry and science diets natures best that is grains first"_

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feed some by Nature canned, beef or turkey...not sure which. But my guys like the canned.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by greenvillegal

Thanks for the advice!
You should be able to return them and exchange for what you want.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well unfortunately I dumped it into the cat food bin and threw out the bag... oh well, they'll eat it and then I'll never buy it again. One small bag shouldn't hurt.