Daily Thread Thursday 06 September

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning, afternoon and evening all.

Well it's not a terribly great today, sadly as most now know. Sarahp lost her baby boy.
I think it was today, the time difference does mess things up a bit for me.
Lets all have a minute silence in memory of baby Joshua.

To Sarah and Andrew, know that you and Joshua are in all our prayers.

My day was pretty quiet, I had Bonsai class again and today I learned, how to make branches grow on parts of the Bonsai, where they may not normally grow. For example if you have a trunk that has just 3 young branches, it is possible to turn those 3 into six and so on. Thats quite amazing when you see it and its not just theoretical.

Have a great day all.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning!

Yes, Sarah's certainly in everyones thoughts right now

It's quite warm here today, and we rescued the other cat at work that the stupid woman who lives across the road turned out onto the street

He'll be going to the loving home where his sister is though

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*sigh* I guess I'm the first Yank to reply this am, due to my insomnia. I'm calling my doc later today, as this is going on a full week I haven't had a decent night's rest.

Sarah and Andrew, I didn't want to reply on your thread(s) for fear my siggy might be too painful atm, but know that I am indeed thinking of and praying for you at this difficult time.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarah & Andrew, I'm sitting here in shock about what happened to your baby. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

On the other end of the scale...Luna dropped a bomb in the litter box and OMG the whole house sticks

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Luna dropped a bomb in the litter box and OMG the whole house sticks

I was doing my morning litterbox scoup, and Jack decided he needed to go as i was scouping
Two other boxes in the room but he wanted that one!.

Anyway i won't go into detail, but it was huge!. I actually said to him "Jack your too little to produce something that big!!"

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our hot humid weather has returned here, it's suppose to be 30 by the end of the day so guess I better get my fans turned back on.

Same old type of day for me, scheduling to do at work and a couple of meetings to attend. Planning on taking a few days off not next week but the week after an impromptu mini-vacation so need to get some work done ahead for that.

Not sure what I am planning for my mini vacation, may go to may sister's or may just hang around the house .

Kitties are good this morning, Sassy is napping and Linus is looking for something he thinks is in the house. Maybe a housefly or moth I am not sure I haven't seen anything but he insists something is there.

My condolences goes out to Sarah, such a sad thing.

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry to whine, but I had an awful night. My husband pitched a fit and broke our beautiful dining room table in haf, so I am totally disgusted with him at the moment. And I had to keep Layla locked up in one of our spare bedrooms so she wouldn't get cut on all the glass! I refuse to clean it up, he did it... not me. The weather should be good today. I don't have class so I'll be stuck home with him today, and because of his attitude I really don't think this is going to be a great day. I volunteered to clean my Granny's house though, so that will give me a break!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mrs.Harris

Sorry to whine, but I had an awful night. My husband pitched a fit and broke our beautiful dining room table in haf, so I am totally disgusted with him at the moment.
At first I thought you meant he had like an epileptic seizure and broke . Now I guess you mean he was angry and broke it?

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, we have a glass insert laid into wood and supported by metal, it is gorgeous. Well he got mad, I still don't know why and he slammed his plate down onto the table and his plate shattered, food went everywhere, and part of the table shattered and the other part just has a huge crack right now the middle. I was not an accident he was being mean.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I was doing my morning litterbox scoup, and Jack decided he needed to go as i was scouping
Two other boxes in the room but he wanted that one!.

Anyway i won't go into detail, but it was huge!. I actually said to him "Jack your too little to produce something that big!!"
Yes! Luna is a midget cat, so I was surprised at the size of the smell that came out of the litter box this morning.

I'm letting it air out today and THEN cleaning tonight

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Morning all. I'm sooo exhausted today, even though I got plenty of sleep... I did have a HORRIBLE nightmare, though, so my sleep probably wasn't very restful. Ah well.
Second day of classes today, I start my english lit class and my "women and religion" class. I'm super excited about the english class- it's "british literature to 1789", so it's Beowulf and Sir Gawain and that kind of thing, I love that stuff. My religion class could be great or awful, we'll see how it goes... I just hope I don't fall asleep in the first session of these classes!

Looking forward to the weekend... and I hope it cools off soon, it's been miserably hot here.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to join the gang of TCS'er that didn't sleep well either-can't wait for the cold front tomorrow!!

Got my laptop working again but now having issue with the ISP software-grrrr
going to try a few other ideas though.

Did my normal Thursday work routine-have some more work to do at one placewhich will wait until next week when its cooler. And have to plant up a bunch of fall containers for clients!!-mulling over ideas.....

Once again thats my exciting life.......

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RAIN!!! we are actually getting rain!

Anyway, I'm doing okay after getting sick with the infection on Friday, but weak and sluggish.

And I am not craving chocolate. See, I said I was sick!

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It did scare my sweet girl, she jumped in my lap and held on. But then once I got her in the room with me where she was safe she started running around playing again.