What's for dinner tonight???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is everyone having to eat for dinner tonight? I'm making my sister's tortilla bake recipe. It's soooo yummy!
What is everyone having to eat tonight???

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up wings on my way home from work, cause I didn't feel like cooking! I know.......bad for you, but once in a while, you just gotta!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are grilling out chicken tenders with italian dressing!!
And probly some salad......as well as watermelon, and a pineapple cake. We are going to a friends to grill and shes also making some tater's on the grill!! Super yummy!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will probably have homemade salsa and chips ..... with sliced avocado with lime ......but maybe some cereal ........

Nikki, can you post that tortilla bake recipe and share with us???

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is rainy and cool here today so I made my favorite rainy day meal.
Homemade vegetable beef soup and teabiscuits.
For dessert I had some sliced peaches with a little cream.

It was all very good but now I am stuffed and very sleepy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I will probably have homemade salsa and chips ..... with sliced avocado with lime ......but maybe some cereal ........

Nikki, can you post that tortilla bake recipe and share with us???
Sure thing gorgeous! Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1)ground meat (i normally use lean ground turkey or lean ground beef) - BUT for any vegetarians - instead of meat, you could saute' some fresh peppers in a frying pan instead with taco seasoning and make it just as yummy

2) taco seasoning packet (or you can use your own seasoning)

3) flour tortillas (or corn - this recipe is REALLY flexible)

4. fat free refried beans (a small can)

5. 1 small can sliced or minced black olives

6. shredded cheese (i use colby & montery jack as it's the only thing that doesn't really make me sick- i'm a bit lactose intolerant).

7. taco sauce - i like ortega or the kroger store brand - a small bottle is perfect.

Directions:

Brown meat, drain it and then add 1/2 - 3/4 cup of water and taco seasoning- let it simmer on low for 5 minutes. After the meat is done take out a glass dish (round works best but square is ok too). Take your first tortilla and spread a thin layer of refried beans on it. Then add a little bit of your meat. Next you add your taco sauce (a small drizzel), the some olives, and then your cheese. Put another tortilla down on top of that and repeat they layers until it's built up as much as you want it. Top it off with a plain tortilla (right now we have pretty crummy pans/pots so i can only get about 3 good layers on mine).

Put it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. When it's done cooking pull the dish out and put a little shredded cheese on the top of the tortilla bake then sit it in the oven again for about a minute or two until the cheese is melted on top. Take it out of the oven and let it cool and then enjoy!!!

(also, you could add cooked yellow rice to the recipe as one of the layers, sour cream, guac. dip, peppers, onions...you name it- it's really about whatever you like!
)

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm writing down that recipe as well, it sounds very yummy

I had a BBQ soy burger and spinach salad

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that sounds fabuloso! I make one, too -- adapted to vegetarian, with soy cheese and soy "ground beef" -- yummmmmm! I don't think I have the energy to make that tonight, after cleaning the whole house and grooming The Nine, but I may have Amy's black bean enchiladas, a green salad, some iced coffee -- and for a rare treat, coffee ice cream! The Nine are having Salmon & Rice, btw...

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well we kind of botched ours. Mum wanted to make her famous Tuna Casserole but we didn't have tuna, so she got canned salmon instead and put mixed frozen veggies in instead of peas .... The carrots in there just tasted horrible and metallic, I'm pretty sure they were off somehow. And with one look at the result .... It looked awful. Usually the casserole is delish but with salmon it was

I'm having nachos and salsa right now.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

That does sound good! Im writing it down too. Thanks for sharing it.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftovers...still
Beer Chicken that dh grilled, mashed cauliflower (not a leftover), cheddar cheese biscuits (made with coconut flour only), and homemade peach ice cream, coffee.

oh yum.......

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had half of a small baked potato, corn, tiny bit of peas and a piece of raw cauliflower with a little bit of ranch dressing.

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
...I don't know why I read this thread.. it always makes me wish I was a better cook.

Basmati rice and some peas for me..... my fridge is literally empty. I'm not sure where all the food went. I know I didn't eat it. :bawl:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

Wow, that sounds fabuloso!
Originally Posted by Pami

That does sound good! Im writing it down too. Thanks for sharing it.
Thanks guys! I hope ya'll enjoy the recipe as much as we do! My sister Kimmy gave that one to me (her and my older sister Monica are AWESOME cooks!!!
) I LOVE hanging out with my sisters too- we're always in the kitchen exchanging recipes and cooking!