Its been a long time.

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys!! I havnt been on here for a while to post pics of the babies,but they are all doing well.I started school so i really dont have alot of time now,but made it possible today.here they are.They will be 7wks old on saturday.Oh and this was their first time outside. they were pretty scared at first but got over it once they were back inside.

This is JR. (well he is i guess scared of heights.,everytime i carry him he holds on my hand with his claws for dear life.)haha hurts.!!).

This is Ebony( she is recovering from an eye infection, she is the sleepy one haha always sleeping)

This is Smokey.(They hyper one, always attacking his siblings.)

This is Panda ( The cuddler,haha,always cuddling)

Last but not least Diamond(She is the fiesty one, always stricking at everything she sees, as you can see she was about to strike at the camera.)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, they are SO sweet. Can't you keep them indoors-only, where they'll be safe and not pick up fleas/ticks? Hope they get their well-kitten checkups and innoculations soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well i just thought it would be good to take them out for some fresh air. Momma is getting spayed tommorrow,and i am taking them all to the vet on saturday,for vaccinations.I brush them with a flea comb everyday anyways so yea and plus it was just for 10 min.

fenleebe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by richi

Well i just thought it would be good to take them out for some fresh air. Momma is getting spayed tommorrow,and i am taking them all to the vet on saturday,for vaccinations.I brush them with a flea comb everyday anyways so yea and plus it was just for 10 min.
Sometimes once they get a taste of the outside, they want to be outside...
They are super adorable. I don't know their story, as I am new here, but wow, cute!!!

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well to make a long story short....the mom came to me pregnant as a stray and i kept her ...she had the babies and am keeping them inside.Hey when is it usually best to give them away(good owners only of course)?I've heard 6 wks, 8 wks ,10 wks, and 12 wks.I was planning on 8 wks.2 of them are leaving together and the rest are going seperate to other pet homes.They are already used to dogs , as my baby pit bull thinks she is part of the litter and she carries them everywhere and sleeps in the nest with them.haha.its too cute , you just have to see it.She also

fenleebe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think you'll find varying opinions...as it seems you have already rec'd. If they are with mama kitty, most prefer they stay for 10-12 weeks. She does have a lot to teach them and they generally are more well rounded, social cats if they do stay that long. When you are dealing with orphans, most get let go earlier. Some as early as 6 weeks, but that's really scary to me. I'd say around 8-10 weeks is alright, depending on their situation. I have a litter of 5 right now that are orphaned. They are nearly 6 weeks on and one is still only 13 ounces with the largest just topping 1lb. I would NEVER let them go this early. The unfortunate thing is that the public likes the kittens young and tiny, so the older they are, sometimes it can be harder to adopt them out. I think that's why so many get let go as early as they do.

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats what i was thinking.I mean when we got our first cat my baby brother was so mad because he wanted a baby cat and it was already pretty big when we got him.

lesliec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i got my cat at 8weeks but she doesn't really like people so maybe she would have if she had stayed longer. But also they where farm cats and some of the moms had got into some poisons that the farmer left for gophers and them along with the kittens died so it was a good thing that we got her when we did.