Anyone ever used Friends of Animals?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't used them, but they've been around for years.

I'll move this to Strays & Ferals as some of the people there may be more familiar with this organization.

fenleebe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, it's legit. I have used them before. I also just used them yesterday to have my Siamese spayed, as my regular vet participates in their program. You type in your zip code on their site and they send (email) you a list of participating vets. Just call and verify that the vet you choose from the list participates in the program before you buy your certificate. You pay for the certificates online and then they mail them to you. I got mine in about 4 days. Very quick.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I have used the here in Southern California if it's the same outfit, they paid the majority of the spay & neuter for 16 cats I rescued, they were really great

fenleebe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Yes I have used the here in Southern California if it's the same outfit, they paid the majority of the spay & neuter for 16 cats I rescued, they were really great
How'd you pull that off? that's awesome! The program I went through with them was $65 for spay and I *think* $50 for neuter. I also have a litter of 5 I am caring for and have been looking into all options and when I emailed them, they didn't offer anything other than their reg. certificates.

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just got / ordered 2 certificates thru the website. They seem legit to me. The vet is unfortunately for me in MD, but hey, its lower cost than I could find elsewhere.

If you need other options - try 1-800-spay... they can refer to lower cost spay neuter. There is critical need for this service , and the best thing you can do for your pets is to fix em, fix em, fix em!! Indoor only, outdoor only, indoor/outdoor it don't matter just fix those puppies!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fenleebe

How'd you pull that off? that's awesome! The program I went through with them was $65 for spay and I *think* $50 for neuter. I also have a litter of 5 I am caring for and have been looking into all options and when I emailed them, they didn't offer anything other than their reg. certificates.
Where I took all of them they only charge $25.00 for spay and $15.00 for neuter so it was a grand price, plus I had other donations from people I didn't even know. One of the places here Called H.O.P.E ( Helping out pets everyday donated a $100 also. So I was able to get them all tested they had shots and were wormed...Keep checking maybe you can get some more help