Cake is sooo addictive!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhhh someone please tell me to put down the cake and step away!!!!
I LOVE this cake it's amazing
My family/a few friends threw Colin and I an engagement party (bbq) on Labor Day, and as a suprise, they got a cake for us. It is white cake with strawberry filing and the outside is covered in chocolate /pink icing. And it said "Finally!!!! Congratualtions"
(how funny are they!
) Anyways though- this cake is sooo yummy! Anyone want a piece?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll take a piece!! Sounds yummy and anyway you want to fit in that wedding dress dont you??

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I'll take a piece!! Sounds yummy and anyway you want to fit in that wedding dress dont you??
Yes, think of the dress. Put the fork down and back away slowly.

I'm getting married in December and have my first fitting this Saturday. Every time I see any fattening foods, I think about the fitting....and then think, ahh, I've got four months to go...hahahahahha.

But really, no more cake!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

i'll send a piece your way! haha the wedding dress i'm not worried about yet- i'm not planning on picking that out till december/january when all the sales go on. I can loose the "cake weight" by then
(naaa, i just had a little piece, but i'm sure even a little piece is pretty bad for me
)

Originally Posted by yasmine

YUM! Sounds like pure heaven!
It is!!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooo cake. It was John's mom's birthday last week so we had cake for a few days. I had trouble putting the fork down and walking away too!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im not a huge chocolate eater, but Costco has this chocolate cake that I have a very hard time stepping away from, too. And that "Finally" cake sounds good, too.
Thats so funny they got you a Finally Congratulations cake

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Im not a huge chocolate eater, but Costco has this chocolate cake that I have a very hard time stepping away from, too. And that "Finally" cake sounds good, too.
Thats so funny they got you a Finally Congratulations cake
No kidding! No doubt my mother was behind that one
It was funny too. She said that they origionally had them put our names on it, but when they picked it up it said "Lynda & Colin" - see the problem with that is my name is Lydia Nichole
(people ALWAYS get my first name wrong!
) So she had them change it to "Finally! Congratualtions!" and put sprinkles on it
It was cute. It was a Costco sheet cake. They had the chocolate icing on it and then one of the corners had pink and purple flowers for me
My mom took some pictures on her digital camera of it - so i will see if i can borrow the camera and upload the pictures- it was cute!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

No kidding! No doubt my mother was behind that one
It was funny too. She said that they origionally had them put our names on it, but when they picked it up it said "Lynda & Colin" - see the problem with that is my name is Lydia Nichole
(people ALWAYS get my first name wrong!
) So she had them change it to "Finally! Congradualtions!" and put sprinkles on it
It was cute. It was a Costco sheet cake. They had the chocolate icing on it and then one of the corners had pink and purple flowers for me
My mom took some pictures on her digital camera of it - so i will see if i can borrow the camera and upload the pictures- it was cute!
I think I missed something here. Was there a special reason she had them spell "congradualtions" like that?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I think I missed something here. Was there a special reason she had them spell "congradualtions" like that?
It was for our engagement party

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh man...I'm CRAVING cake! Ugghhhh....PM me for my address and you can mail me a piece!!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It was for our engagement party
. Was there a significance to them spelling "Congratulations" that way? I thought maybe it was an inside joke or something.

BTW - you now have me craving cake. I'm going to have to stop off at IGA on my way home to pick up a chocolate fudge cake.
I've tried chocolate fudge cake from many places, but IGA still has the best. Our daughter's friend from Washington agrees with me.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

. Was there a significance to them spelling "Congratulations" that way? I thought maybe it was an inside joke or something.

BTW - you now have me craving cake. I'm going to have to stop off at IGA on my way home to pick up a chocolate fudge cake.
I've tried chocolate fudge cake from many places, but IGA still has the best. Our daughter's friend from Washington agrees with me.
ohh no hon, i didn't spell it that way - i think pam just misspelled it when she was responding in her post
it was just funny that my family put "finally" on the cake because they know i had been waiting for a while for him to pop the question.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

ohh no hon, i didn't spell it that way - i think pam just misspelled it when she was responding in her post
it was just funny that my family put "finally" on the cake because they know i had been waiting for a while for him to pop the question.
Its misspelled in your original post

Uhhh someone please tell me to put down the cake and step away!!!!
I LOVE this cake it's amazing
My family/a few friends threw Colin and I an engagement party (bbq) on Labor Day, and as a suprise, they got a cake for us. It is white cake with strawberry filing and the outside is covered in chocolate /pink icing. And it said "Finally!!!! Congradualtions"
(how funny are they!
) Anyways though- this cake is sooo yummy! Anyone want a piece?
But anyways- that cake sounds really yummy!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by babyharley

Its misspelled in your original post

But anyways- that cake sounds really yummy!
Wow! Sorry you guys i feel really stupid now
(sorry pam!!
) I never realized i was spelling it wrong!!!
I've been spelling it that way for years!!!! Well, never too late to learn a quick spelling lesson