Medication for cat saliva protein?

hockeygrrl75

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know about a medication that can be given to a cat so that when they lick themselves it reduces the protein in their saliva that causes allergies? My husband is fighting against his ex who is insisting that we get rid of our cats because his son has an allergy to them. We take other precautions with him and the cats and she is being very vindictive. I am trying to save my cats!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bathing cats helps

there is dander remover you wipe on ( avail at most pet stores )

Allergy meds for the kid

HAS the KID ACTUALLY tested positive for a cat allergy??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hockeygrrl75

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Bathing cats helps

there is dander remover you wipe on ( avail at most pet stores )

Allergy meds for the kid

He has but has never had a reaction in our house. He had a reaction at his mother's when she moved furniture around and the dust got to him. He has allergies to dust too. He is also allergic to dogs and she takes him into her work where her boss has a dog. She is being unfair about the whole thing and is using this as a way to get back to us.

fenleebe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I was going to ask the same exact thing. If not, it could be something totally different that is causing the allergies.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First of all, when someone has an allergy to something, this means that they have not developed an effective physical immunity to that substance - so they have allergy symptoms. But, in many people, the more they are exposed to that substance, the more their immunity to it increases - and in a young child, we tend to see those allergies decrease over time until they no longer suffer symptoms when exposed to the allergen.

So, it can be argued that by exposing him to the cat, he is building up a physical immunity to the dander and may, off in the future, not be bothered as greatly by dander from cats.

~sticking out tongue at vindictive ex's~ I had one too that drove me crazy(er) over my stepson. I wish you the best of luck in dealing with her.