Ferel Kitten

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi.....I deliver the local newspaper in my area, so i run into all kinds of critters at 3 am.
In a condo development that I deliver, there are alot of ferel cats. One specific black cat had one Kitten and white and gray cutie. Well, all of a sudden mom is gone and kitty is about 8 weeks old. I saw a trap there about a week ago ,so I am assuming mom was caught.
I am feeding kitty daily and we are starting to form a little relationship.
When i have time I play with it for a little while. I would like to try to catch it but I do not want to scare it away. He is comming so close to me and wants to be petted so bad. He meows and rubs his back on the bushes and rocks. he is smelling my fingers and playing and pawing my hands.
What should i do next..should i just keep doing what i am doing and be patient and hope he comes to me.
I get scared because he is ina busy traffic area with a lot of construction.
He is getting gutsy and running in the parking lot. I do not want him to get hit. I did call the animal warden yesterday. The kitty was there today so apparently he did nothing. Any suggestions..I really want to get him before winter comes. Thanks

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since you've already established a certain trust level and routine with him, I'd suggest borrowing a humane trap to get a hold of him. Are you able to foster and socialize him? At eight weeks, he should come around pretty quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I took a can of cat food and he was so hungry he didn't realize how close we were and then he let me pet him and I picked him up and put him in a carrier. I am so happy I caught him. He is full of fleas and so dirty...I put him on advantage and will wait a few days to give him a bath. I have him seperated from the other animals until I get him cleaned up. he is so cute but very scared. He is letting me hold and cuddle him. Now I do not have to worry about him getting hit by a car. Thanks for the advice!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Laurie314

I took a can of cat food and he was so hungry he didn't realize how close we were and then he let me pet him and I picked him up and put him in a carrier. I am so happy I caught him. He is full of fleas and so dirty...I put him on advantage and will wait a few days to give him a bath. I have him seperated from the other animals until I get him cleaned up. he is so cute but very scared. He is letting me hold and cuddle him. Now I do not have to worry about him getting hit by a car. Thanks for the advice!
Laurie...that is great that you were able to get him in a carrier. Do not forget to take him to the vet and have him neutered.

Katie

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on getting a hold of that little cutie. I'm so glad he's safe and sound with you now!

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kitty is doing quite well. He is timid but this morning he explored the whole house. He learned how to use the litter box and last night he was playing. He sits and watches all the other kittens/cats play. I think he will be in the mix real soon. I know he is glad to have regular meals. He found a cozy spot in my closet to sleep so I let him have his space. The animal warden called me back after a week and told me to forget him...he is a wild animal and I c uld not ever catch or tame him...I laughed to myself and thought ..yeah how much you know, the kitty is in my house. I acted like i agreed with him, the less he knows the better. I will post pics when I am able.

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i posted "feral stopped eating" ont his site yesterday. He is throwing up also..I am scared to freak himout but I think he needs to be seen. Any ideas on what i can give him to help the throwing up? I feel so bad for him? I hope i did not make a huge mistake by bringing him in..

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Laurie314

i posted "feral stopped eating" ont his site yesterday. He is throwing up also..I am scared to freak himout but I think he needs to be seen. Any ideas on what i can give him to help the throwing up? I feel so bad for him? I hope i did not make a huge mistake by bringing him in..
Laurie....please get him to a vet.

Katie